Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CO2 Tank- set up for under $200.00

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ugly, Aug 16, 2004.

1. ugly

ugly 1/2 ton status

Thought I would share a way to get CO2 system for under $200.00. Everyone in this hobby is looking for better cheaper. I know that I have a lot more than I should into my beast.

I went to a keg beer place and bought the regulator and a used 10# tank for abot $120.00. The mounting bracket came from a welding suply place for $20.00. The hose, quick connects, and air chuck from home depot for about $30.00.

The regulator is a little larger than the one you get when you pay $430.00, but to save $200+ i'll deal with the size. My 72 blazer has plenty of space in the back.

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I got mine for about that much to maybe a little less,m but for all of you that cant fond a cheap regualtor go to mountain offroad and they have them for about 30 bucks with a quick connect built it, I made my mounting bracket as you can see on the last page of my cardomain page in my sig, I love my co2 setup and it works great!!!
    -Chris

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

4. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

http://www.4wheelair.com/

[​IMG]

I was thinking about this 10lb tank. comes with regulator, tank, hose and mounting bracket plus free shipping for $280 or $250 with out the mounting bracket. but for $20 more you can get the 20lb tank with everthing.

5. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Thats not bad if you want to just get every thing at once, and I like how it has the 0-300 psi ADJUSTIBLE regulator, I wish I could have a adjustible one but the way I see it air tools are mad for air compressors, but it would be good to have, you could make one and save a little money but it just depends on what you want to do with it, I just use mine to air up tires then switch regulators and use it when I weld and thats about it, im am going to get a air compressor to run my air tools. My .02
    -Chris