Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CO2 tanks.... what kind to get

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by az-k5, Apr 20, 2004.

1. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Okay I know this has been covered at least 100 times. I have been looking at all sorts of set ups the last two hours (searching ck5, yahoo, pirate). I think I am just as confused now but I know what I am confused about. I understand the CO2 regulator thing, the special hose thing, and the lighter Al tank thing. Where is a good place to buy an Al tank. I found a couple of new 20lb tanks on ebay. Will that one work. The seller states it has a male fitting for CO2 regulators and then says something about it being for draft beer regulators only. Is this worht buying? Can I make it all work with air tools and tires? Is there somewhere else to by an Al tank that works for a similar price? (AZ guys speek up please)
    [​IMG]

I want an Al tank so I can get it out of the truck by myself (I am 5'6" 150lbs). I plan on using it for air tools and tire duty on my 37's. I want the 20bl for the extra capacity (my rig is a 2 seater 6000lb 1 ton k5 so space and weight are not an issue).

2. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

I bought that exact tank from them in Febuary and it's an awsome tank... you can use any GCA320/CO2 regulator... I bought a fixed 120lb regulator from a welding supply shop in San Diego for $25.00...you can also find the regulator on the net from "Williams Brothers" ballon supplies. I recently bumped it up with a 170lb spring....Thats a great price for a "New" bottle.
    If ya have other "Q"'s about their bottle fell free to PM me... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. bottomfeeder

bottomfeeder 1/2 ton status

I have an aluminum tank set up from a bar I used to run. All you have to do is adapt the hose.

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif