Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Coarse, fine, and short body injector pics; rocker arm pics

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by arveetek, Apr 1, 2005.

1. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

Mar 1, 2002
    In tearing down three different engines for my current rebuild, I came across the three different kinds of injectors discussed on this board. I decided it would be good to take a picture of all three injectors, so folks could see and understand the differences. I took a pic of an '82 coarse-thread injector, a fine-thread long body injector, and a fine-thread short body (van) injector. The 6.5L injectors look the same as van injectors.

Injectors pic.

I also came across the different rocker arm shafts talked about as well. Both the '82 and '83 engines I tore down had cast rocker arms, but the '86 engine had stamped rocker arms. I took a pic of both so you could compare the two.

Rocker arm pic.

I also took a pic of the '86 engine with a thrown rod, just because it was interesting.

Thrown rod.

2. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Dec 9, 2001
    Great post with good info. I'm in the CUCV market and I've been heavily researching the 6.2. I have plans for a Banks Turbo, but beyond that I haven't found any reliable ways to make power.