Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

coating on aluminum wheels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chris Demartini, Mar 23, 2000.

1. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I got a good deal on some used AR Outlaw II wheels and half-worn BFGs when a lifted my truck a year ago. When I went to put the tires and wheels on the truck, two were really dirty. I was told to use a bottle that said "wheel cleaner" on it. After i was done with two wheels, I notices a dull finish on them. The cleaner took off some of the coating on the rims, and they look bad. What is this stuff called? Where do I get it? would it be easier to just polish the wheels? thanks</font color=blue>

2. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Polish the wheels then coat with clear...

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>any specific kind of clear, or can i use any kind of clear?</font color=blue>

4. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

My Porsche has alloy wheels...(sssssh don't tell anybody I mentioned that here....)
    and they got to looking bad, I removed all the gunk, took a dremel tool and some aluminum polish and got them shiny again...then got a can of laquer clear and put a coat on them.Lasted a year and had to do it again...but what the hey...it looks good.

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral