Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Coax Path

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by nofeartruckin00, Oct 12, 2001.

1. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

I have '91 Jimmy with a cobra 18wxst on my console and a 5foot wilson fiberglass on the bumper and wanted to know if there is any good place to run the coax out the rear of the truck. i had 2 wilsons on the mirrors, but i smack way too much stuff with them and decided to go to the rear bumper. I was thinking about cutting a hole in the rear pillar and somehow getting the coax through the tailgate??? Another quick question, would i be better off, now that im only running one whip, to get a 102" steel, or keep the 5 foot fiberglass. Thanks alot.

Mud, the ultimate paint job

2. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i just run mine straight out the back, then out the tailgate, then behind the bumper, never had a problem

<font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    85 K5 4IN LIFT 35 GOOD YEAR WRANGLER MT/R, AMERICAN RACING WHEELS

3. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Have you thought about running it under the truck then up through the fire wall.? Remember to keep it at 18 feet and then increase in increments of 3 feet if you need to lengthen it to keep you wave length straight and so you can get a decent SWR.
    If you are going to run an ant. off your bumper you need a bit longer one than 5' so you can get a plane. Ideally you want the load to be just above your roofline. An ant. like a wilson 2000 that has a coil and a stainless wip on the end is easy to tune and you can get different length mainshafts to put the coil at roof line for the best transmission and reception.

John

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=) [​IMG]