Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

COBRA CB

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by Rebel88, Feb 6, 2001.

1. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

Hey guys,

I have a friend that can get the new Cobra CB (chrome face) i dont know the model number but it is the one with the nightwatch system. He can get them for 100 bucks a pop. Would it be a good deal, should I do it? I have a wilson 5000 and a palomar 225 linear to go on it. Should I get that CB or not.

Actually now tha I think about it I think it is the 29 model. Not positive. He is a dealer so he gets them wholesale does that sound right to yall?

Later

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Rebel88 on 02/06/01 08:52 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Cobra is not what they used be "back in the day". Uniden manufactured the radios for them in the 70's that made them famous but they split. Uniden now manufactures radios under there own name and they're great stuff. I'd avoid the lienar because all you're going to do is get yourself in trouble and that amp will only help you put a little over an extra pound, not worth the hassle. The antenna is sounds pretty good though. I've never owned a Wilson but I've never heard any bad comments about them before.

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]

3. TITAN

TITAN 1/2 ton status

That amp will do more than add an extra pound. Just take the radio to someone who knows how to tune it so that it will work with a radio. The mistake that most people make is taking a stock radio and putting it on a linear. This is to much wattage from the radio at deak key and leaves it no room to modulate, and can cause damage to a linear. All the radio had to do is push modulation, the linear will pushthe wattage. It can add in the right situation 10 miles to you radio no problem. When I drove truck I had a Ranger 2950 radio with a Palomar 250. It would talk farther than most anybody could talk back. Several Miles. Just don't get caught and don't use it flagrantly. Cause remember you radio might be powerful but there is always bigger. *LOL*