Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Code 22 ? TPS or fuel pump relay, 1989v3500 454tbi

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by camiswelding, Oct 31, 2004.

1. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

I have a trouble code of 22... fault in the throttle position sensor or the fuel pump relay.... I have the diagnostics figured out for the TPS but can someone tell me where the fuel pump relay is and what it looks like on our trucks
    the manual doesnt say and the wiring schematic shows the loom colors which are hard to trace... and no pics of where it is
    thanks
    cam

2. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a trouble code of 22... fault in the throttle position sensor or the fuel pump relay.... I have the diagnostics figured out for the TPS but can someone tell me where the fuel pump relay is and what it looks like on our trucks
    the manual doesnt say and the wiring schematic shows the loom colors which are hard to trace... and no pics of where it is
    thanks
    cam

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a pic of the relay:

http://coloradok5.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/16852/sort/1/cat/500/page/1

This one is lying on the floor, you can find yours on the firewall just to the left of the distributor. You can't miss it.

3. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

thanks trey... came down to a bad tps.... and an easy fix...

4. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

np, Cam /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif