Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. leadvillek5

leadvillek5 Registered Member

findly got my k5 running and it has a code #42 and code #54. what could be steting these codes? the motor is .o40 bored 350. balanced, with 9.2-1 compression ratio, 487x gm heads , 1.50 exh ,1.94int, roller comp 258x, ported tbi and varible fuel pressure regulator. fuel pressure runs about 12psi at idle and crack the throttle and it goes up to 15psi. engine seems to run okay lots of power. i checked for a break in the electric spark timing (est) circuit #423 and it read .60 ohms. so the circuit is not open. i tried clearing the codes but they come right back. i think that i might need a new ecm computer chip. maybe from turbo city.anyone have any info on where to start?

2. trikstark5

trikstark5 1/2 ton status

#42 is Electronic Spark Control Circuit. #54 is Fuel Pump Circuit (low voltage). Pm me and I will send a list of all your possible engine codes with possible causes and remedies.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

tristark5, does that include the troubleshooting flow charts?

I've got those if leadville needs them.

4. trikstark5

trikstark5 1/2 ton status

Yes. It explains what the code is, the causes of the code and possible solutions.

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

What I meant is, do they look like the one here

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

For your code #42 check the magnetic pick up coil in the Dist. Measure the risistance between the 2 wires coming off it. Should be 500-1500 ohms. if out of specs it may be going bad. Check all connections and grounds for Spark timing circut and ECM.
    For the #54 Check all connections/grounds from the back to the fuel pump. they can get corroded and show low voltage to the ECM