Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cog railway????? Mt. Washington or N. Conway or differents ends of same RR

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Leadfoot, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

We are supposed to meet at the Cog railway station this Saturday in North Conway NH. Looking at all the maps of NH and a recent post. It shows the Cog Railway Station as being located at Mt Washington with is a fair bit Northwest of the North Conway (i.e. not "Cog") Railway Station. Which one are we supposed to meet at, anyone know for sure?

2. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

3. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

Re: Cog railway????? Mt. Washington or N. Conway or differents ends of sam

there is one base station for the cog railway it is off of 302. up by Bretton Woods. The conway scenic railroad is not the cog. The cog is north of north conway 16 to 302.

If you are comming up 93 dont forget the kancamagus highway. nice ride. I think there is a cut off road on kancamagus that brings you out on 302 a little closer to the acsess road for the cog.

4. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

So we want to go to the base station off 302 by Bretton Woods? Take rte 16 to 302? The big money question...do we want to be in the town of No Conway or north of there?

5. Leadfoot

That is where the confusion is. North Conway was mentioned and it's R/R is located on rt16A off of 302, and the "Cog" was mentioned which is off of 302 and quite a bit North and West of N. Conway, so I am still confused. I don't want half of us at one place while the others are waiting at another (not good for a MEET and greet... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif).
    North Conway was the town mentioned and it has a R/R so I would assume that it where we will meet, but I just want to remove ANY/ALL confusion.

6. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The conway scenic railroad is not the cog. The cog is north of north conway 16 to 302.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the Cog is NORTH of No Conway then why are we suppose to meet at the "No.Conway Cog?" according to milspecjimmy?
    This is where you lost me.

7. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

milspecjimmy? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

8. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I thought you guys were meeting at the North conway trainstation- which some people call the "cog" it's not the place up "north"...it's actually right on the "common"...head past the outlets, the "strip" and it's on your left. if you go up to Mt Washington auto road your gonna have to drive back down to the town to eat....

I think the "cog" is the thing that goes up the mountain, but I don't think that's what he meant. I can't see meeting way up there, when the food etc.. is in town.

Wanna come back up the 1st weekend in January? I have a conference up there the 3-5th...

Brandy

9. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

I are an ARSE, yes we will be meeting at the CONWAY rail station on the main drag in conway, sorry for the confusion. also from popular demand we have reservations at Marcellos italian resturant @ 5 pm. i had to get it later because they wouldnt be able to seat us earlier than this. directions to marcellos
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

10. Leadfoot

Wanna come back up the 1st weekend in January? I have a conference up there the 3-5th...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I/We will be able to make it that weekend. My sister, nieces, and nephew will be here from California and taking off. Maybe another weekend though or we (Michelle and I) could meet you closer to where you live on another weekend...

11. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

milspecjimmy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, with all of the back and forth over this I forgot who said what. My bad.