Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CoG's Top Tech

Discussion in 'Center Of Gravity' started by BadDog, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

If you're like me, you often have trouble finding important bits of info you remember seeing at some point, but can't find it when you finally get around to needing it. I had that problem recently trying to find the link to the latest "4 link calculator". To help with that, I'm going to start collecting links to all the best CoG type material I can find into this one thread. Sort of a "CoG favorites" thread.

In order to keep this thread focused and (hopefully) neat, I'm going to keep it locked. You can "nominate" stuff for this thread by sending me a PM. And I encourage anyone who thinks something might be useful to send it to me. If it looks like a good fit and something important, I'll add it. But don't get upset if it does not go in. I'm going to be leaning toward the sparse side with entries to keep it from becoming so cluttered you can't find what your looking for.

Doesn't matter where it is found, if it's useful and something we will likely want to refer to again and again, I'll put it in here. Might be other threads in the CoG that will no longer need periodic "toping". Or threads from the Garage, PBB, random web pages, whatever. Maybe even a web page with steel specs by grade or stuff like that. However, I don't want more mundane stuff like disk brake conversions for 14 bolts and the like. I also will not add things I don't think will be relevant to lots of people ("lots" being relative), or stuff that I don't think will be referenced again and again.

This is just a sort of "favorites" to save so much searching. Help me fill it with good info!

2. BadDog

Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
  3. BadDog

4. BadDog

Materials Properties

Want to find specific properties of some material? Maybe 1010 Steel (common mild steel). Well, ntsqd suggested matweb.com and it looks pretty handy, though there is a lot there I don't understand. This could be very handy for those cases where you find the right formula, but don't know the values to enter. For instance, using some alloy not listed for links in the 4 link calculator!

www.matweb.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.