Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

coil over on a first gen

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arq, May 8, 2003.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

anyone done this or have pics?? I don't really know much about them so i'd like to start off with a good link some where that explains it a little. I've seen the light, ... i mean i've seen them at work. it's made me want to have some.

ARQ.

2. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

There was an orange one in a few of the mags a few years back. He had coil overs on all corners. Way before I saw any on trucks other than monster trucks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 72beater

72beater 1/2 ton status

there's an article on coilovers in the newest issue of 4wheelandoffroad mag.

4. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

And one in Fourwheeler a few months ago, I think they were only in the rear though.

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

the trucks from 67 - 72 (2wd) with eaton rear ends had coil springs you might check them out for ideas or still brackets from the rear.

nathan
    69K5

6. naranja72

naranja72 1/2 ton status

Arq: there was a blue blazer (69-72) that had coils on all corners in a magazine a few years ago. He had converted his rear suspension to that of a 2 wheel drive suburban and made something for the front. Sorry that I don't remember all the details but I will go looking through my old mags and see if I can locate the article.