Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

coil spring spacers on a 2wd?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Nov 11, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Need to buy new tires for my 97 c2500 (tow/dd) soon. Just picked up a set of H2 rims for it and want to throw some just SLIGHTLY larger tires on it. I just want the thing to look like a truck and not some wimpy sad little thing(as it does now).

So does anyone have experience running those polyurethane coil spring spacers on a 2wd? My worries are, if I put the 2.5" ones on, there won't be enough adjustment in the stock alignment setup to compensate, and that they will just degrade and break up from use under at truck that actually moving crap. I just want to bring the front up to level and maybe just a little bit past where the rear is now and throw some airbag overloads on the rear.

2. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

put a floor jack under the frame and jack it up 2.5" then you will be able to what your angles will look like. I think its gonna be too much. What about a 2" body lift and 1" spacer.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I was thinking 1" body lift, but I hate how much frame you see now on the newer rigs. And one bed bolt is snapped off in the bed. At the moment it is of no matter since the bed sits on the frame anyway.

4. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

sry for the hi-jack but i have this same question for my 82 wanted to know if i could get a coil spacer, not sure if they make them or not.

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i know where you're coming from with the frame being exposed. i just might hide mine with nerf bars. i hate nerfs on stock trucks, but a nice set on a lifted truck looks ok.

its just too bad the front suspension isnt removable like the older trucks, you could just space the front suspension 2" from the frame.

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

going to be alittle more expensive, but have you checked to see if there is a 2-2.5" raised spindle available for your truck?

I know they make them for lowering, just an idea though, less headache with the geometry settings and everything.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

thought crossed my mind and it is surely a better idea. I will just have to look into it. Thanks for the rmeinder.