Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Coil WOES - Saga continues #4 - one problem down!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Aug 3, 2002.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Well I found the corect ballast resistor PN ICR23 from Napa... it successfully knocked the voltage at the coil down to 9v - right where it belongs. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Which means that the coil runs at a MUCH better temp, and the truck didn't kill the coil at least....

New problem though! The nice shiney new 185A alternator dies on the way back from work today! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif Called the place up, and they told me to bring it in on Monday... what a pain in the arse! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif The guy said they would look into it and have it repaired and re-tested for proof of output after the repairs. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Oh well... guess I just wasn't suppose to go out with the truck this weekend! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

-Dan

2. KRAZIE87K5

*snifle* I guess no one wants to hear about my coil stories anymore! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Just wanted to let everyone know what the fix was... /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Ah well!

-Dan

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Hey, it worked! Right on! Now WTF with the alternator??? Murphy must be camping out in your truck!

4. KRAZIE87K5

We'll find out what is up with the ALT tomorrow. I plan to drop it off first thing in the morning. THanks! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

-Dan