Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

coil??????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NoSmog73, Nov 22, 2001.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ok here goes when I turn the key to the on posion the neg side of the coil shows power (test light).But the +side has no jucie could it be that the previous owner somehow has the top of the coil wrong.Or should it be like that any help would be thankful I am trying to hook up this **** tach and it is'nt working something that should have taking about an hour is taking 3 dam days again thanks

2. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

the + side should have voltage and the neg side should make a test light blink intermitintly when it is on or turning over.

John

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=)

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun31?&page=1>See my pics here</a>

3. buzzk5

buzzk5 Registered Member

the positive terminal should have full 12 volts with ign key on, nil when key off
    negative terminal should wire into distributor and hook up to breaker points
    if testing hook a light to pos/neg coil, light should blink if points are working ok
    if all thats workin, and still no spark' its time for another coil....its not good to run them
    reverse voltage....P.S. light will only blink when its cranking,...or if your turning
    left...lol

Dave
    80K5 on ice

are they all spinning?????

4. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I don't think it should have a full 12 volts.

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=)

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun31?&page=1>See my pics here</a>