Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Coiled brake line

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1967k10, Mar 4, 2006.

1. 1967k10

1967k10 1/2 ton status

:confused: Where do you find that coiled brake line that looks like air hose? I keep breaking my extended brake lines :o because of he ammount of flex I have :D.I need something longer.

2. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

try jegs/summit or a number of places for 'Russell Performance products' or 'Earl's performance plumbing'. those are the only 2 companies that I can think of right now that would have something like that.

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Another option is a crazy long line, and then a spring to hold it up out of harm's way when not hyperextended. I should have a pic of mine somewhere... no dice. I went to the hardware store and got a 1/4" or so diameter spring, fairly weak, maybe 6" or so long when compressed... coupla bucks.

-- A

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

how much more line do you need? another good option, if you only need a couple of inches would be a bracket on the bottom of the frame to mount it to. should get you an extra couple of inches.

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i took and gut off the brackets at the bend where the rivits were on my 83. then took and bolted that to the old bump stop spot and bam stock fit perfectly. all of this with 6" lift.

6. 1967k10

1967k10 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure how much more I need I had a 6" Pro Comp line and a 1 1/2" bracket at the axle and broke that. Now I just have an OEM line and I took it loose from the bracket but it's just dangling there until I get something better. I'd gues if I had something made for a 10" lift it may work.I'm running 57" Furd rears and the flex it amazing.:D

7. 84K5BD

84K5BD 1/2 ton status

i got a s.s brake line from superlift for one of there 12 in. kits, it was about 11 in. longer than the stock one. i routed the steel line to the center of the frame and then used the s.s line to the axle. i am running 63's and have had no issue, been running it for 3 years.