Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

coilover price

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by juanblzer, Nov 28, 2001.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Sep 12, 2001
    I have an 85' blazer that i am interested in doing a coilover conversion on. Can you do this at your shop... and how much does such an undertaking cost?
  2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Sep 15, 2000
    We can't do the work in our shop at this point, we're just not set up for it. We are looking into some different options for doing a coil kit of some sort, not sure what we'll end up with. We can supply some of the parts, but that's about all for now.

Ball park price for a shop to do the conversion for you is $4K-$5K, depending a lot on different options, etc. Keep in mind the shocks and springs alone will run you about $1200.00. This is definitely graduate level stuff for an offroad vehicle. If you want the most bang for your buck, $4K will build a really nice K5 overall (suspension, drivetrain, rolling stock, body protection, etc.), but if you just want the performance of the suspension, I have to admit the coilovers are fun!

There's a big difference in ways to go with the front, you can hang some coils and links on it for fairly cheap, but if you decide to really use it, you're going to need the good shocks, frame strength, etc of a well designed and built system.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>