Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Coilover quality

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Nov 19, 2002.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Alright. After looking for brands of coilovers, I have come up with these few names. I've got King, Sway-A-Way, Bilstein, and Fabtech. I know some others make them, I just can't seem to find out who. What I was wondering is, what kind of quality differences are there? I know Bilstein has a pretty good rep and Sway-A-Way has been around for a while, but I don't want to pay King's prices. They just like their junk TOO much. What do you think?

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Fabtech is a vendor, most of their stuff, like shocks comes from somewhere else. Don't get shocks from them. As for the Kings and Sway Away, they are basically the same with a few minor differences. Bilstein is good, and don't forget, Fox makes shocks too, I think they have coilovers also. Just one word of advice, don't ask this question at the one place that could nail you the answers that you'd really love and I won't mention that site, I'll just use the abbreviation RDC since that is the biggest rules violation on the message board.

3. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, I forgot Fox as well. You done lost me on the RDC deal though.........why can't i ask it there?

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You've got PM.