Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cold engine *Update*

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 83bowtyblazer, Dec 4, 2001.

1. 83bowtyblazer

83bowtyblazer 1/2 ton status

Got a friend with a 91 blazer, 350 TBI and it runs cold. He changed the thermostat twice, (195 degrees) and still runs cold. We went wheeling and about 1 1/2 hours into it, we popped off the radiator cap and the anti-freeze wasn'e even hot enough to burn a finger. The temp guage barely moves either. Anyone have any ideas??

Ryan

Never knock on DEATH's door. Ring the bell and run...he hates that!!!!

2. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Re: Cold engine

Yeah don't complain, most of us are running hot trying to figure out ways of getting the engines below 200 degrees [​IMG]

White Knight

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Does the fan run all the time?

Don't hit me, Mr. Moderator... I'll go back on topic... I swear![​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer>www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer</a>

4. 83bowtyblazer

83bowtyblazer 1/2 ton status

Got some udates about the cold problem. I'm not sure how the clutch works on the fan but when the engine is idleing, you can stop the fan without hurting your hand....and there is no heat inside the truck. Hope this helps.

Ryan

Never knock on DEATH's door. Ring the bell and run...he hates that!!!!

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Fan shouldn't be "locked" if the engine is cold, so it sounds like the fan is working correctly.

As to the heating issue, I'm sorry, I just don't have a clue. A car I bought always ran cold, but its because the PO figured a t-stat wasn't necessary. I just can't imagine that wheeling, and with a properly operating t-stat, you can possible keep a motor that cold. Not saying its not happening, saying I have no clue HOW it could be happening.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?