Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cold Morning Ride

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 3 on the tree, Sep 16, 2005.

1. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I got up this morning and decided to drive the old 70 K5 to Crested Butte to look at a job. The sun was shining nicely, but the thermometer said 25. The top is off, but I figured it would warm up on the drive (30 miles one way). Guess what? The wind chill at 55-60 is a bitch. I'm shaking so bad I can't light a cigarette. So, I pull over bout half way there, in the sunshine and defrost. The trip back homw to Gunnison was much warmer. I guess its time to put the top back on. My dog is gonna be pissed. She LOVES sitting on the back seat and playing queen of the parade. Sure hope I can find all 16 of the bolts that hold the top on. Now, wherre did I put them?????

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

They're probably frozen to the seat of your pants. :D

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

just don't ever leave them in the dash like I did. Screwing around one day with a friend in the pass seat. and did a hill climb with a rough landing. 20 bolts and screws came flying at me.

4. 72 SAC

72 SAC Registered Member

Those are the best rides. I'm still debating when to put my top on. May be just a few extra layers of clothes. :crazy: :crazy:

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

If the outside temp was 25 before you got going, you must have been damn near frozen after a while!!
    I learned a little more about wind chill quick since getting a bike...

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I drove all winter one year with a drivers side window out. One thing about it.. when you get where you're going, you don't need a coat.. everything else feels warm after that.

I just can't imagine it that cold already... :eek1: we still have a while to go before our couple - few months of winter gets here. :haha: