Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

College

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 87BrnRsd, Aug 29, 2006.

1. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Dang!! College is hard. High school was a joke. I took ap classes in high school, and even 2 fast forward classes. (fast forward is like a step up from ap. In an ap class, you can get 3 hours of college credit if you pass the final exam. In fast forward you have to maintain at least a b average, pay tuition, and get taught by a college professor.) I figured that the fast forward and ap classes were gonna be just like college. WRONG!

Im a sophomore in college and its hard. Freshman year wasnt too bad, but this year is crazy. Never took tons of time in highschool to do homework and never studied. Now, I find myself reading around 3 hours a night, and studying for hours and hours before exams. Its not like high school. When your in a class with 150+ people, professors dont know you name and dont have time to stop and answer everyones question. On top of that, most classes have no attendance policy. Exams draw from in class lectures, textbook readings, and all other assigned readings. Homework and small assignments are rarely taken up, so its up to you to keep up in the classes. I have found that in highschool, teachers know a bit. But professors know pretty much every aspect and anything else you could ever want/need to know about their subjects. Everything is just harder..

Anyway, college is a blast. Sick ass parties.:saweet: But dang man...this crap's touoooouuuugh.

BTW- Accounting classes are terrible...
    -Harrison

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

I'm not looking forward to my upper-level engineering classes. I finished my calculus homework in about 20 minutes, and now I'm here on CK5 while my buddy (a year and a half ahead of me) is downstairs doing statics problems. He's been doing em for like 2 hours, and last I checked, he's only done 3.

I offered to show him how to do them, but strangely enough, he declined. :dunno:

3. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Yeah, im a business major so I have to take a lot of accounting, macroeconomics, microeconomics, and all kinds of business calculus and stats classes. I HATE math.:doah:
    -Harrison

4. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

yeah college is definately a huge step up from high school. I rarely got below an A taking AP classes in high school and I never did any work or studied. now its a constant thing almost and people back home think Im slackin cause I make Bs and Cs. My school is a small private school and they dont usually alow more than 25 per class so you get plenty of one on one time with professors. Parties are the sh!t though. as long as you dont do too much. round here its pretty much a weekend thing so through the week there is plenty of time for work. Lots more girls to choose from too.:D

5. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

one other thing, I dont think that the authorities around here care to much for me continuing my projects in the parking lot.:D Ive got one truck here and will soon have another that Im gonna fix up and sell. They're gonna love it when I turn the parking lot into a shop.:haha:

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

There's only one reason to go to college...................................

[​IMG]

7. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Need to go to your school library and ask for your professor’s test.... A professor is required to publish their test....

8. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was on the 6 year plan. Had a real hard course load. I was a visual arts major(painting, drawing, potery) and minored in polisci. Also had 8 semesters of Spanish, yeah some were "refreshers":crazy: and can't speak/or read a lick of that crap now.

9. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

HAHA. I know that one. My biology professor might as well have been speaking spanish today. She was going 9000000000000 miles per hour and it all went right over my head.:doah:
    -Harrison

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

My one class isn't too bad... English Composition is a breeze... Or should be anyway. Writing is common sense and a natural talent to me, and I don't like having to think about whether I'm writing something that appeals to ethos logos or pathos... Dumb dumb dumb, but required...

11. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

English composition (eng 101 or 1000), and approach to literature (eng 1100) are a joke. I took both during high school as two of the previously mentioned "fast forward" classes. I am great at english and I thought they were cake (could have been the fact that I took them in high school.) I got to college and had the 6 hours of transfer credit from those classes. I enrolled in english 2020 (or british literature...thought it was american lit, but thats 2030, not 2020:doah: ). Man...thats the worst english class I ever had. I struggled to make a C in there, and breezed through all previous english classes with A's. Whatever you do, dont take british literature with a feminist english professor.:doah: :doah:
    -Harrison

12. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

There's more than one reason...:D

kissingcollege.jpg