Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Color chart info.

Discussion in 'The Body Shop' started by JeffHK5, Jul 22, 2005.

1. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

I have access to 3 gal. of indust. equiptment paint but it's not a color that I like :( . The shade is Mitsubishi fork truck teal/green and I was trying to think of a better color that can be had by adding other colors to this paint? A buddy of mine had a chart that showed you your starting color and then showed you the end result by saying adding 1 oz. of a contrasting color to one gal. of your base color. He had this chart in trade school where he took autobody but it's long gone now. I know this is not a very precise way to match color but it's very tuff paint and the price is right (FREE :D ) and it's only going to be on my trail K5. I would like to end up with a better green like
    say the ORD Blazer or a Kawasaki lime green.

I have no paint or body knowledge so please be easy on me :wink1: .

I have a friend that paints but it's my job to get the color I want.

Thanks Jeff

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

tinting, blending and matching paint is an art for sure... considering 90% of the boats i gel are custom tones, i live with it daily...

biggest issue will be getting other colors in the same kind of paint. you can mix and match brands usually with little to no issue.. at that point its really just slightly different pigment. but no garauntees are implied. its usually not reccomended. but as long as its all epoxy or enamel, etc...

if its a darkish green, some yellow will head you in the right direction for a Kawi kinda green... i had some links to color pickers somewhere online, i'll have to take a peek and maybe i can post samples or something... your really just taking the tone in a different direction, generally by adding from the opposite side of the color circle..

makes me miss the days of having a mixing machine.. 54 base tints to make whatever ya want...

it is a solid green right?

3. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

Here's what the can says , it's Mfg. by Raabe for Mitsubishi and called Precision Color Jewel Green #MFA-3450675 . It's a acrylic enamel and is cut 4 parts paint to 1 part thinner.

The " solid green " question is over my head :doah: . Yes, your thinking " this dude knows nothing about paint" and you would be correct.

If you have a minute look on the net at Mitsubishi forklifts and this color is all over them. To me it looks like a aqua blue allmost. I don't care which way it goes ether more green or more blue

Thanks for the help