Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Color of wire...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by unclematty, Jul 25, 2004.

1. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I can't find a wireing diagram for my 83 blazer. what color is the wire for the reverseswitch on the transI think it's green( it's the only one left). I'm almost done rewireing this thing (without a diagram????) just can't remember what color the reverse switch wire is. thanx in advance /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Try here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

green/light green wire pair is GM

4. unclematty

time to hit up the alldata subscription, no luck on anything else. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. unclematty

alldata is down for some reason. Can anyone show me the complete circut for the reverse switch, from the firewall, where the lite green wire comes out. to where the dark green wire goes into the firewall, somewhere in the middle is the backup lights, and the reverse switch. it just isn't making any sense right now /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Dont they all go to the neutral safty/back up switch on the column right above the brake pedal?? the Purple ones are the neutral safty circuit and the greens are the back up, right?? Or am i just really tired and not thinking straight?

7. unclematty

I need a complete circut diagram of the reverse switch, (for the manual trans)some body go look at yours and tell me where the two green wires come from and go to.Thanx M /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

On the trans they plug into the drivers side, up near the very top. REAL PITA to connect if it's in the vehicle already. (newer ones use a much better locking connector) Hope that is the "where do they go to" question you wanted answered.

IIRC that wiring has a connector inline that joins the cab wiring to it, but I don't think I can see any of that on mine, it's all taped up in loom.