Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

COLORADO>>BLANCA..Medano Dunes 4th of July weekend run

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by Redneck88, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Redneck88

Redneck88 Registered Member

planning a run on the 4th weekend eithr 5-6-7 depends on attendance ..would like to run a two day thing medano dunes blanca and other trails..and a little camping..ive got 3 committed already and with more praticipation i can get some maps topo programs for computers trail books ect donated to be given out as prizes for the attedees..at this point the dates are flexible to try and fit everyones schedule..so if anyone is interested post here or E-Mail me @ zach_1_colo@hotmail.com Thanks Zach

2. MUDNUTT

MUDNUTT 1/2 ton status

i can probably make 1 of the days. let me know.

deck /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. Redneck88

No Problemo ...What are the specs on you rig thet would better determine what day you would be better suited to run.Medano And Surronding Area kinda Mild And Blanca...Well Blanca can be a bitch sometimes... lemmie know and well make a more solid arrangement.. Zach /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. MUDNUTT

MUDNUTT 1/2 ton status

specs on my rig are in my profile /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif . ran medano a week or so ago with the twin peaks rodders, a club from walsenburg, they put on a decent run.

deck

5. Redneck88

Heres the Plan and ill let you decide ..if you havent ever run blanca id suggest it ...But looks like a sat and sunday thing Run Medano over to the dunes on sat and just kinda spend the day playing round the area camp sat night sunday head over to blanca run it head back over medano to pick up the trailers and head home....lemmie know what you think and ill get some deffinite times this weekend for you...Zach

6. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

Does the creek have water running through it this time of year? Wasn't sure with the drought goin on... Wife asked me yesterday if we could go to the dunes that weekend. Hope to see you guys around. Will probly go down that way on Sun. spend the day and come back. Can I do Medano with a stock Mazda 4x4 P.U. rollin 31s? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Blazer still sittin in garage with no engine or front clip!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Is any towns on the front range doin fireworks this year?

Later, Sam

7. Redneck88

Sam there is no reeason you couldnt run medano on your mazda might not even have to put it in 4x4 ..as far as the creek im not sure id guess thet theres a little water but nothing big..we will be running thruogh the dunes to blanca round 9 am on sunday and then back over medano sunday afternoon..you wont be able to miss us there will be at least 2 BroncoII's ANd 2 or 3 Rangers..one b2 and 1 ranger highly mmodified also probbly 2 jeeps and one yota..hope to see ya around...Zach