Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

colorado emissions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84k5thornton, Apr 14, 2002.

1. 84k5thornton

84k5thornton Newbie

hey fellow 4 wheelers i just bout this 84 blazer from out of state and all the e-test stuff has been removed but the cats . even the comp controled carberation stuff i was wondering about any info to get it to pass the e-test here in colorado?

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

An 84 wouldn't have a computer controlled carb. It does have the Electronic Spark Control, but that is worthless, and you shouldn't hook that up. I live in Phoenix AZ which has a hard Etest, and they have never said anything about mine being hooked up. Probably because they wouldn't know what to look for. Hell, I don't even know what to look for. The rest of the stuff, I don't know about. I would try and test it as is, and if they say you need that stuff, then go find it.

3. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Not all of colorado requires emissions test, for example durango where i am at, I am sure you can register it in a county near you with out the silly law.