Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Colorado Junkyard Report: 5-21-06

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by KevinsK5, May 21, 2006.

1. KevinsK5

KevinsK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just went to Action Auto Wrecking in aurora today, (Colfax and Zeno). Heres what they had. Sorry, didn't have my camera with me I'd have taken pics.

First: 72 Blazer.:( Missing the top, tailgate, and engine. The rest is there.
    This truck has the original 465/205, the crossmembers and driveshafts are still in it, but the rear is bent from the forklift. 3.07 gears with a posi in back. The truck is bronze in color with a parchment interior. This truck is nicer than my project, I was really bummed to see a first gen in there. Stupid people.

Second: 71 or 72 Jimmy. Not one but TWO first gens junked in the same yard. :angry1: This one isn't actually in the yard yet. It's in thier holding yard and my guess is they'll put it in after the CRUSH the other 72 Blazer.:( It had disc brakes, and I saw a column shifter. 3-speed or TH350. I think it has all the drivetrain, and it has a top. This one is black.

Third: 74 Blazer. This one has had a lot removed, but theres still a lot there. Still has the top and doors. It was hit in the front, and fubared the frame. According to the glovebox sticker it has 4.10's. Flattop 44 in front. Still has a pair of headers on it. Automatic truck. This one is also Black.

There were at least 10 other pickups and suburbans with good parts. No 3/4 or 1 tons. There were two other Blazers in the holding yard, both looked to be 76-80.

If you're interested call the yard at 303-364-7002 or go there yourself. There were so many good parts there I had to pass them on. I don't have money for any of it just yet so please save some of that stuff before its gone forever. This yard is very resonable pricewise. Today I got a driveshaft for $15 and a chevy truck door complete for $35. Kevin

2. 5280k5

5280k5 1/2 ton status

Hey Kevin what's up? Did you scrap that '75 blazer yet? If you still have it can you cut the windshield frame of, we can set something up if you're going to be up this way again. if you can saw it off as low as possible that would be cool. p.s. i'm the guy that bought the top & doors from you:D
    Later, Brigham.

3. KevinsK5

Dammit!! I remember now that I told you I'd cut that windshield frame off before I junked it......and I didn't. I got rid of it a month or so ago with your old top and the windshield frame still on it. Sorry man. :doah: Did you lock the rearend in your truck yet? Kevin

4. 5280k5

5280k5 1/2 ton status

oh well:( I can always get a windshield frame pretty easy anyway, no worries man. Yeah I got a detroit in the rear now, Interceptor had posted up a link to a used one for sale on craigslist and I grabbed it. Just picked up a front Dana 60 about two weeks ago & will hopefully be installing very soon. How's your project coming along?

5. KevinsK5

Sweet man, is it a single wheel or dual wheel Dana 60? 4.10's? The rust is pretty bad on my 77, I'm thinkin about sellin it for what I can get and starting with a better body. My dad found an 86 Blazer with a 4 speed and a solid body, hopefully I can get that one for cheep and build it instead. Schools out and I finally got a job to afford this project. Now I have time and money. Hopefully I can make a lot of progress on this project in the next 2-3 months. I want to go wheelin this summer!! Kevin

6. 5280k5

5280k5 1/2 ton status

It's a single wheel, 4.10 open.sucks though i've got to redo my steering and probably move the axle forward so my driveshaft still fits. all in all the axle is in good shape. the guy i bought it from sells a lot of stuff over on co4x4.org, i guess his brother owns/runs Boulder 4x4. i never planned of getting a 60 so soon but started looking at condition of my 44 and couldn't justify putting any $$$ into it only to replace it with a 60 later anyway.v i'll keep my eyes open for any trucks around work & up here;)

7. ccj8008

ccj8008 1/2 ton status

Old Chevy Stuff

Hey guys, I just moved back to Denver after being gone since 1994. FYI- I called an old supplier I use, Chris Fort, at 303-696-8356. He still has a web site, oldchevystuff.com. He is a good source for Chevy parts.