Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Colorado K5 Club -WHY-

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Twiz, May 14, 2001.

1. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Colorado K5 club -Why?-

I thought this out, and you all came up with the best answers!

THIS IS "Anything you can do"!

1, Generating Revneue;
    - CK5 Club, a yearly (or bi-yearly) member ship fee, that way anyone who can or will contribute (have a chance to).
    - Voluntary donations (club fees)
    - Consider it a donation on a regulary basis
    - Donations to a non-profit organization
    - Donations (club fees are) something in return for keeping up a GREAT site!
    - Making us -THE USERS- feel better and allowing us to contribute to a great site.
    - Give FINANCIAL credit where credit is due (Steve the -CK5 administrator- and CK5.com)
    2, Spiffs
    - Donations (club fees) with your name on a brick. (possibly; -your user name + title + "CK5 club" member. - This might help get strangers and newbies to sighn up for the club)
    - Keep the site free -as is-
    - Allowing people that arn't quite sure what CK5 is (all about), to come in and see what a great and informative site this is- and that is WHAT it has become!
    - CK5 promotes our sport in a very positive way.
    - (club) member get a ("special") shirt with the logo and user name ($? on the user name on the shirt) and club member custum stickers (-Jeff427, if we say please?-)
    - Organized trail rides (Maybe; set up some kind of larger bi-annual trail rides for everyone)
    - Spread the K5 gospel-!!!!!!!!!!
    3, Otther stuff.
    - Voluntary basis -ONLY-
    - Volunteirs would be needed to get this thing kicked off.
    - Volunteirs should get "trail boss" or something under thier titles
    - One guy/gal could not do it alone
    - Keep the fees as small as possible (with an additional donation- possibilitys) So that everyone can join in - college students, familiys, -eveyone!-

Please keep in mind that;

- THIS IS NOT STEVE'S JOB!!! -

We should and need to "keep the pressure off Steve"

and "CLICK" on the banners

Thanks for your time, More "ColoradoK5Club" ideas to come- on another post. So THINK ABOUT IT, please! After all they are YOUR IDEAS! (i just stuck them on one post) "lots of great ideas presented"

Eric (Twiztid)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Twiztid on 05/14/01 10:56 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Ohh, I get it. There is not a question on here, soo.

Would ya join?
    Do you think its possible to set this up?

Twiztid

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hehe sure I would!! Feed the addiction is what I allways say! If in deed WE pull this off we could have a representative (sp?) for each state. When WE organise a trail ride in that state then the rep can do any local research that is nessisary, ie. directions, hotel, food, stuff like that.....

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>

4. 80blazer

80blazer Registered Member

I think you have a good idea there it is a wonder not more people have posted?

Its time to lock them in!

5. blazerbum

blazerbum Registered Member

ya id join i like what ive read so far maybe a chapter for the seattle-everett area.

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

This is some good ideas, but the bottom line is it's up to Steve on what he wants to do.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html>http://jamonline.homestead.com/fromthegroundupK54x4/89Jimmy.html</A>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>

7. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

Twiztid (Eric),
    The custom stickers for members is happening already [​IMG].
    And for every order generated by this board (even if it isn't a ColoradoK5.com sticker) Steve gets a healthy percentage (without having to do anything other that put up with my posts [​IMG]). So it doesn't take any time away from his already busy schedule. You have some good ideas, but some of what you mention above would actually make more work and responsibility for Steve [​IMG]. Even if he deligated some of the above mentioned items to other members of the boards, he would still be responsible. By no means am I saying that you should give up though [​IMG]. Just keep trying to think of ways to help Steve out without him actually having to do more work or take on more responsibility (read stress). I'm not trying to rain on your parade [​IMG], I'm just giving you another point of view [​IMG]

Jeff427
    <font color=red>Mud Dog Off Road Club</font color=red>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddogoffroad.coloradok5.com>http://muddogoffroad.coloradok5.com</A>

8. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Yeah, I agree, when I got that email a while ago about people from this site driving on an old truck it got me thinking, what if I had a club and someone did something like run some one over when they were drunk and killed them and the event was a CK5 thing, I don't think I would want to deal with that.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

9. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

That is a good point Steve. I'm not layer, but I think as long as it was not a CK5 sponcered run, CK5 would not be responsible. Also maybe it would help to keep some of the JERK-OFFS in check to make sure nothing stupid like that happens again. I can only speak for the So. Cal. group, but we do not allow drinking on the trails. Every one behaves themselves in a way that would make even the Seirra Club(sorry for cussing!!) feal proud.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com</A>
    Protect the land FOR the people
    Not FROM the people

10. FWP

FWP CRS

I can understand not wanting to deal with problems, but that's life. What if I sold a car to someone, and they used it in a murder, so I'm responsible? How do you figure? Say I sold a gun to someone who comitted suicide with it, I own that insanity too???? What if I go 4 wheelin with some people I don't know, and they do something stupid. Do I look stupid, YES. Am I responsible for their actions, NO (unless I'm their parent). INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY is how it ought to be. Too bad the liberals in this country don't think so...........I'm not tryin to be an ass, just hope you might re-think your thoughts.

Your post upset me.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://fwp4x4.coloradok5.com>http://fwp4x4.coloradok5.com</A>

11. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

hey, after meeting you, seeing your shops and projects WHY DOES THIS POST NOT SUPRISE ME??? lol [​IMG] [​IMG]

<font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue>

[​IMG][​IMG]

12. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I think what is being said is it is just a lot to handle... But I don't see why you can't talk to members in your area and start your own 4 wheeling club. I think it's pretty tough since ck5 has members all over the world. Plus even an event that is supposably in your area can be a ways off... such as the midwest spring thing.... still about a day or twos drive for me each way... which adds up to a week off work and some $$$ in gas, But I plan on being there next year [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

13. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Shoot, Shot-down.

First off;
    I want to help, we all do! Will the clicking on banners, tee-shirts, hats and stickers be enuff? I want to do more.

I lifted the ideas from the "CK5 needs funding" post -do you recognize yours?- They where OUR ideas to help. I read every 148 replys, cut the fat, Twiztid it around, and this is what I came up with. Something I'd be interested in doing, and hoped some others would be too. It sounded O.K. to me, so I put it togather. Posted it here on the choping block, to get some options, opinions, and thoughts. Maybe even kick off some more ideas.

The result-
    CK5 sponcered trail rides; shot down. With a good reason, CK5's responsiblity in a sponcered event.

Custom stickers; I was thinking more of a uniform "club" sticker. but Without a club, that would be kinda foolish.

Adding additionl work load to Steve; I was trying to avoid that as much as posible, by deligateing some of the responsibilitys. But it is his site and anything we do will increse his work load, there is just no getting around that.

There are some clubs here (mostly Jeepers with egos), I was just hopeing to kick off a CK5 club thing, and get a chance to meet some of these people on the boards. I know of only 2 board members here in UT. -somekind of "members map" would help-

Just my ideas of our ideas. Thanks again for your time.

Twiztid

14. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I agree on the carb thing, but many people do not they are looking to stick it to anyone they can and do. "What if I go 4 wheelin with some people I don't know, and they do something stupid. Do I look stupid, YES. Am I responsible for their actions, NO" You could be, if you know someone is doing something illegal and you do nothing you could be help liable, that's just the world we live in.
    I haven't ruled it out either, just need to look at what other clubs are doing to see how they handle these issues.

Steve
    [​IMG]
    Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

15. blazerbum

blazerbum Registered Member

ive been following your post about starting a club and ya id be doing some checking to its called cover your but and its a reall good idea usally when me and some freinds get together to go wheeling our generel rule is no drinking drugs and if your going to be stupid do it somewhere else and it works pretty good no one gets hurt we have a few laughs and everyone go's home having a fun time so ya id check into to if help is needed ya id help were needed

16. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

Using Captin's idea, we all could start clubs in our own areas and donate to CK5 through the clubs. Steve, I know you don't want donations, but we want to help. I saw you said that you felt we would be giving to CK5 and not getting anything in return. Well we all get something everytime we log on. I mean hey, I never planned to do as much to my Blazer as I plan on now, so thanks to you and CK5, I an going to go broke putting money in my Blazer[​IMG][​IMG]!! You see alot of clubs with their sticker-logo on there trucks and another logo of United or something next to that. Maybe this is an option. I think twisted has a good idea to bring in revinue, we just need to find a way that it will work for us all.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazen91.coloradok5.com</A>
    Protect the land FOR the people
    Not FROM the people

17. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

yeah maybe for a donation or whatever a club could get a link off the website and be listed w/ other 4 wheel clubs somewhere... so new members that are looking to possibly join a club can see what club/clubs are in there area w/ members from here.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

18. FWP

FWP CRS

I understand Steve, I just get a little excited sometimes[​IMG]. I'm thinking about starting a local club, and I too do not want to have problems. I guess I'm an idealist, but there will always be problems. I guess that's why they set up by-laws. If you don't follow em- you're out....

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://fwp4x4.coloradok5.com>http://fwp4x4.coloradok5.com</A>

19. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

To All,
    Well, don't know where to start so I will jump in with both
    feet.
    In our life-time, we will see ALL off-road access dwindle to nothing.
    Motorcycles and 4x4s will go first followed by mountain bikes and hiking.
    (there are places in Ca that you can't WALK on already)
    We will be palying Monster Truck Madness on the PC, watching indoor
    Motorcross racing, Rock-crawling competitions in a parking lot etc....
    And when you are done watching, you can go out to the garage and sit in
    the Blazer and cry about the good-old-days.

The ONLY way to delay the end is to join a responsible active (politically also)
    club and volunteer for the trail days. An active visible community will gain support.
    The local businesses that benefit from your purchases and trail preservation
    will want to attend activities for advertising and the club will benefit from
    raffles and other swag.

Clubs are good because:
    - draw together groups with common interests for common good
    - they can protect your riding/wheelin areas
    - create a community that enforces safety and reasonable use of trails.
    - police there own members (peer pressure is good)
    - strength and protection in numbers
    - maintain the heavily used areas so the eco-nuts don't have as much ammo

Go find a club and volunteer if you don't already. This reminded me to practice
    what I preach and I realized that my volunteer work has lapsed and been ignored
    too long - looking for motorcycle or 4x4 club that I can help with. Anybody know
    a good 4x4 club in Northern California? (It does not need to be a Blazer only
    club if the goals are good)

From personal experience the work days were as fun as events. Typically you
    work then play - Saturday repairing trail, party that night, ride/wheel Sunday.
    Volunteer work can create it's own event - awards for volunteers etc...

As an example:
    DORBA (Dallas Offroad Bicycle Association) http://www.dorba.org/trails/stewards/liability.html is a good place
    to review fact vs. fiction. From DORBA.
    - Can't police the whole country (maybe start with the Colorado chapter...?,
    I can't wait for the Ca chapter BTW)
    Although a proper club would have an elected board.... maybe this would
    accomplish funding for CK5 and keep Steve at a distance...?

Other ideas on clubs:
    I think CK5 would be a great place for Club links - maybe $$$$?
    Do you think we can create a page dedicated to 4x4 preservation?

And on a personal note - mud holes.
    Don't get me wrong cuz I like them also but step back sometime and look
    at the eyesore created. How would someone outside of our sport view that
    scene? Usually mud holes are within easy access of the general public also.
    Is it worth it...?

I am not an eco-nut. I like trees (for campfires) and animals (for the BBQ)
    [JUST KIDDING!] and I want to continue to pursue my sports of choice and they are
    ALL outdoor.
    Thanks for reading and let the flames begin,
    Dave

20. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

well hey, I think it is pretty cool to took all the time and effort to work on putting this post up... I think a few should take a little more heart in whats trying to be said here, and work on ways we can accomplishing some of it!

<font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue>

[​IMG][​IMG]