Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Colorado move

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by seschev3, Mar 20, 2006.

1. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

Hey Colorado folks. The family and I are considering moving to my stomping grounds in Broomfield. I have not lived their in 15 years and was wondering if anybody could tell me how the economy and housing is doing in this area. My housing searches have shown promising, but I am concerned about employment. My kids are at the age of starting their educational rampage and I want to bring them up in a decent and considerate area. California is becoming to expensive to be in the better areas. Before I spend a mil to live in the good areas, I wanted to consider settling down in a less expensive and less stressful area. My plan is to sell my house here and put a healthy down on a home out there, but still have decent paying jobs and raise my kids in a healthy environment. Any responses would be helpful, positive or negative. Thanks.

2. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

:haha: Looks like Mrk5's plan to give away two free stickers to everyone in the Colorado Crew is working a litle bit TOO well :haha:

Honestly, I can't really answer your question, except for the fact that I have very little negative to say about this part of the country.

3. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Schools in Broomfield are mediocre, IMO. Do you have your heart set on Broomfield, or whould you settle for Arvada, Lakewood, etc? There's plenty of work to be found here these days, and the housing market is slowing down so you may be able to catch a desperate seller.

4. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

I have also lived in Lakewood. I went to Bear Creek elem. and Carmody jr high. Then I moved to Broomfield and went to Stanley Lake high the first year it was built. I want to spend 300,000 to 400,000 on a recently built home. When I was there, Broomfield was kind of on the outskirts. I like areas that are still open a little bit and not packed tight with homes. The wife and I are thinking of flying out towards the end of April to check it out.

5. firefighter184

Broomfield is a madhouse now. Not open anymore. I went to Pomona, Stanley Lake opened my freshman year. Small world, eh.

6. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

I was the first class to go to Stanley Lake for 4 years. I left and came out to cali when I was a junior in 91'. I figure the wife is going to have a lot of pull when it comes to location. She is a California native and has never lived in the snow, so I have a couple of hurdles to overcome.

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Flying out to look around is your best bet. This area has changed quite a bit in the last 10 years.

8. firefighter184

Agreed. It's very Californicated out here.

9. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

How come nobody ever talks about Greeley. We're in the fastest growing county in the nation. You could have a damn nice house for 300-400 large.

Nick, I don't want to hear anything about the smell!! :whistle:

10. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Funny, that was going to be my first response, Greeley smells like ****. :haha: When I was practicing IFR approaches up there with a hood on I could always tell where I was from the smell.

11. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Actually, not bad if you like the smell of meat packing plants.

12. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

MARK!!

Your aliiiiivvvvvvvee. :D

How's sun city?

13. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Not to bad. It got cold the other day. Something like a high of 56.