Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Colorado Proposal??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by js4x4, Sep 18, 2004.

1. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, i know theres a lot of you living there...heard about the proposal to split up the 'electoral' votes to better reflect the popular vote? I understand CO has 9 electorals, and if you all vote a lets say a 60/40% popular vote, the electorals would be split 5 / 4 respectively. As far as I know, no other state is doing it-or even proposing it.

The Dem's put the proposal up, and the Rep's are trying to shoot it down.

I'm not sure if I'm for it or against it, all i DO know is my vote essentially doesn't count here in Commifornia. San Diego's typical popular vote is Rep, so aside from local gov't we don't make a dent a the state of lefties for other voting (State and National elections).

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey guys, i know theres a lot of you living there...heard about the proposal to split up the 'electoral' votes to better reflect the popular vote? I understand CO has 9 electorals, and if you all vote a lets say a 60/40% popular vote, the electorals would be split 5 / 4 respectively. As far as I know, no other state is doing it-or even proposing it.

The Dem's put the proposal up, and the Rep's are trying to shoot it down.

I'm not sure if I'm for it or against it, all i DO know is my vote essentially doesn't count here in Commifornia. San Diego's typical popular vote is Rep, so aside from local gov't we don't make a dent a the state of lefties for other voting (State and National elections).

[/ QUOTE ]

After hearing the break down of the proposal, it reaks of democratic gayness. Anything they can do to win an election. By any means necessary.

/forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

One of the local talk shows I listen to has talked about it a little. I don't think most are too concerned that it will happen. I sure hope it doesn't. It seems like if memory serves the same thing is being proposed in one or two other states this year. Typically republican states of course.

The group spearheading it here claims that it is a bi-partisan thing, but the person leading the charge is a strong democrat supporter. The talk show I listen to has had a hard time getting in contact with anyone that is in charge of the group.