Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Colorado smog laws?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by seschev3, Apr 14, 2006.

1. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

Colorado smog laws. Wondering about cut off year and such. Or maybe easier if you can tell me if my 75' would be smog exempt. Just checking everything out before we move there.

2. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

75 all you need is the tail pipe sniffer done every year. Or you can get collector plates good for 5 years at a time. And only have to get the 75 smoged once as long as the plates do not laps.

hope this helps

3. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

Is there a visual? Do I have to put all the original smog equipmant on? Maybe I will just keep it registered in Cali and keep my California license at my parent's house. All I have to do here is pay fo r reg each year.

4. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

In Colorado, it depends on where you live. There are no smog checks where I live,up in the mountains.

5. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

Probably be Broomfield, Longmont, Erie area. Be there in 2 weeks with the wife to check out the housing.

6. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Yep. Even where I am in Co Springs there will be no more smog laws in 5 years. So it mainly depends on where you live.

7. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I live in a small town up north, and I don't have to do emissions either. So I don't know about the visual part. I do know there is a tailpipe sniffer type test in the places it is required.

I keep hearing rumors the requirements will go away sometime in the future, state wide that is.

8. AllamericanK5

AllamericanK5 1/2 ton status

Sry to high jack the thread. I need to get it done on the blazer its a 84 but what i was thinking about doing is the PO box thing just wonder on how to go about doing it. I was thinking getting one in Idaho springs or Park county. If you could all help that would be great. Sry agian for high jacking

9. AllamericanK5

any one there ???

10. rd durham

rd durham Registered Member

A post office box number won't work. The state requires a street address. Though it's illegal I've know some individuals that used a friends address that was out side a testing area.

11. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Yeah and if you drive your truck to work in an area that requires testing, technically your employer is supposed to enforce the emissions testing on your vehicle. Even if you live in an area that doesn't require testing, you have to test the vehicle if it is driven to work in an area that does. :rolleyes:

12. AllamericanK5

Yeah thats what i have herd. Its got true duals with no cats and no air pump. I just dont wana have to buy cats and change my exhaust agian. Im just tring to get around it

13. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Just out of curiosity, where did year read this? One of the state emissions guys I knew from Denver had said that the local (Denver, C/S, etc) programs would be going away in favor of a state run program for ALL of Colorado. I just never actually read anything about it.

14. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You could allways skip denver...move to junction...get a job in the patch making bank...not worry about emissions...and drum roll please...moab is 100 miles away...just a thought.

DW