Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Colorado Springs CK5'ers - Who's Local?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by HarryH3, Dec 7, 2001.

1. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Colorado Springs CK5\'ers - Who\'s Local?

Just wondering who all the CK5'ers are that live in the Colorado Springs area. Post a reply so we can keep track of who's in the area.

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

2. Slayer

Slayer 1/2 ton status

Eastern Colorado, jokingly referred to as Western
    Re: Colorado Springs CK5\'ers - Who\'s Local?

Well Harry, I could be considered a local to Colorado Springs, even though my co-workers claim that I live so far east of the city, that I'm halfway to Kansas[​IMG][​IMG].

<font color=blue>I don't know everything, I just think that I do.............</font color=blue>[​IMG]

3. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I live out by Limon, Colorado. Does that count?

John

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=)

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun31?&page=1>BLAZER PICS</a>

4. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Sorry, not in the Springs but I am in the Tech Center.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

5. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

Harry,

It's starting to look like you and I are the only two in the springs.

Those guys out east aren't right.........:) They think that town is where the general store is :)

Mike

6. HarryH3

I hear ya Mike! [​IMG] I'm pretty sure there are a few more in the area. [​IMG] Maybe they'll speak up so we can plan some local gatherings. [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>

7. chevyracing

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Those guys out east aren't right.........:) They think that town is where the general store is :)

<hr></blockquote>
    Now that hurt. We don't have a general store here in smallsville, but we do have a Post Office. I lived in the Springs for almost 20 years. Too many people there plus if you go out to your own backyard and squeeze a few rounds off the cops show up. I graduated from Cheyenne Mountain HS. Went to Doherty for a while. (had something to do with the gun thing) LOL... Just can't handle the city life........

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun31?&page=1>BLAZER PICS</a>

8. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

Not meant to hurt anyone!! I have a few friends that live out that way and they commute for an hour or more to COS for work. I would be in jail for running people over if I had to commute that long. I hunt antelope out east and love the peace and quit (until I squeeze off a round). I've even helped rounding up some cows. Yes COWS not SHEEP. LOL.

9. chevyracing

of course they were cows, not sheep, jus' cawse we'uns lives' out heuh in da' stix you'uns ain't gotta go acallin' r women folk cows!! LOL!!

10. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

I told ya, yens ain't right....

LOL

11. Slayer

Slayer 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>[​IMG]Yup, so I drive 25 miles to go shopping (and pass 2 way over-priced Safeway's on the way).</font color=blue>[​IMG]

<font color=red>And so my post office runs contract delivery, and my carrier "person" doesn't speak English (hey I speak her language so I don't have trouble).</font color=red>[​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=green>And yes, I do enjoy sighting in my rifles "right-back-o'da-house" WITHOUT getting Johnny Law's attention.</font color=green>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=purple>[​IMG][​IMG]And it's all those newcomers (just look at what a mess Powers Blvd. has become) driving housing prices up, building on .15 acre lots, complaining to the pohleece about everything that doesn't suit them, and immigrants that drove me out east.</font color=purple>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And yes, road rage has become a major problem, mainly because a lot of these new immigrants want to have some land out east, BUT, they want their city ways to come with them. Anyone driven by what's now called the Falcon Fiasco Shopping Center?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=orange>And no, I don't mind the 70-90 minute commute to work, as it gets me out of the damn city, and away from 99% of the newcomer immigrants. Plus the peace, quiet and solitude of the eastern plains is downright soothing. Drinking a frosty brew on my porch, watching the sun set behind the front range, and NOT having to hear more than maybe 2 or 3 cars at night is also a pleasure.</font color=orange>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=blue>Oh yeah, almost forgot, and NO covenants, architectural committees, and other busy-body's that insist on being IN your business all the damn time. Now that in itself is worth the commute.<font color=blue>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=red>And yes, I know many people that live in Englewood and commute to Colorado Springs, and vice-versa. Now that is the commute from hell. Had to commute to the Denver Tech Center for just 2 weeks, and I was ready for the funny farm. Who ever heard of a freeway that doesn't move? But then I avoid I-25 like the plague.</font color=red>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=green>Okay, my several cents worth..................................</font color=green>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=blue>I don't know everything, I just think that I do.............</font color=blue>[​IMG]

12. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

I'm at the Academy for an undetermined amount of time. The nice thing about coming here, I got to get my 71k5 out of storage and start working on it.

13. Slayer

Slayer 1/2 ton status

And one MORE benefit about living OUTSIDE the city of COS, I can now register and tag 3 trucks, 2 cars and 1 motorcycle for the SAME price that it cost for just 1 truck in the city.
    But I really DO thank the city folk for paying the inflated fees and taxes, and for supporting the projects that benefit me in the county. That's downright neighborly of y'all..................

14. HarryH3

Hey Kodiak, are living on the Academy grounds? I live just one exit south, off of Woodmen Rd. [​IMG] prjt_blzr lives about 2 miles from my house.

15. co.offroad

co.offroad Registered Member

harry
    dont forget me !!! colorado springs east side !!! met you down at penrose when greg &amp; tim went though !! theres about three or four of us blazer guys over here!!! by the way you gotta check out my new half door creation!! it looks pretty trick!!! alan

16. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I lived in COS when I was 5 yrs old.....been to the PP Race to the Clouds a few times, went to the first 4WD Jambo at the new race track, and went to a rock crawling thing a few years ago at Montrose.......btw, I do that commute from far Rural Dallas area......close enuff??.....LOL........Hell, we're all local....we just have different commutes.....

Stuck?...Hell no..I still got some gas left..

17. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

Yes, I'm on the Academy. Is this all the snow we get around here? I thought there would be more.

18. HarryH3

That's the neat thing about Colorado Springs. We don't get much snow here. [​IMG] But there's plenty nearby if you drive up to the mountains. [​IMG] We get an occasional dump, but not too often. This has been a very dry year around here though. Last year we had more snow, but hey, we can still get snow from now until May or so, so don't give up hope! [​IMG]

19. GMtrucklover

GMtrucklover Registered Member

Hey HarryH3 There's me up in blackforest (sorta), So sont forget about me. I would love to meet some of you guys. If there's a get to gether count me in.

74 gmc work truck
    87 k5 blazer hardcore wheeler
    90 suburban family hauler/snowmobile
    96 gmc k1500 daily driver/tow vehicle

20. Slayer

Slayer 1/2 ton status

<font color=green>Maybe we can loosely organize a meet at that off-road park just west of Pueblo somtime in spring.........[​IMG]
    The weathers good enough to do that earlier, I'm just still stuck doing the 6-7 days a week work gig.[​IMG][​IMG]
    </font color=green>