Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Colorado Stolen Car Alert

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Cricket, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Stolen last night in South Denver near Yale & I-25. My little brother's 1994 Honda Civic DX 2 door , teal exterior with gray interior. License plate number 064-KCE. My brother is a newlywed as most of you know, this has really hurt him and his family. If one of you guys or gals along the front range spot this car, please phone the police and report the car's location. When the car is found I will directly update this post. I sure appreciate any help you can give. Thanks brothers.

James.

Oh, here's a new picture of his car.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

That stinks! I hope it turns up in a recognizealbe form.

Aren't Honda Civics like the #1 most stolen vehicle?

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

The 1994's are - unfortunately. :mad:

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I'll keep my eyes peeled, guy...sorry to hear that :mad:

5. fred2mihi

fred2mihi 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Brothers' Stolen Ride

Jim, my heart goes out to you and your brother! I know how disgusted I felt when Scott's K5 was broken into and everything was either stolen or destoyed. One of the guys I worker with went home to Ar. this summer for vacation, on the return trip he spent a couple of days in Shawnee Kansas. On the second night someone unhooked his ATV trailer from his vehicle and stole his new 700cc Kawasaki Sport ATV and 400cc 4wheel drive Honda, trailer and all. Its a sad state in this Country that most people no longer respect someone elses property! I'm sure your brothers car and Dan's ATVs ended up in some chop shop and are long gone, I hope I'm wrong in your case and the car will be found safe and sound.

fred2mihi

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Thanks guys I appreciate the help and support. You know I honestly cannot remember a time in my life when theft was so profuse. In Brighton 2 nights ago 4 cars were stolen, in this area car theft is up 18% in 6 months. This doesn't include break-ins, vandalism, et. Good grief man. In the past 5 years alone it has mushroomed - at least from my perspective. I wonder what the hell is going on, is it generational, immigrational, or drug related? I'm perplexed, I'd hate to think today's kids were so completely rotten and worthless.

7. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Get outta the big city James, and come on up here to God's forgotten country. Last night the doorbell rang, so I got up to answer it. There stood one of Gunnison's finest. They had a report of kids urinating on cars in front of my house!!!! The officer came by to tell the involved parties that was illegal. What a crime spree!!! Sorry to hear bout your bro's car, hope he can at least collect insurance on it, or use the scumbags responsible for target practice.

8. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I spend most of the day driving, so I'll keep my eyes peeled. Sorry James!

9. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Well Mike I guess the up-side is that you got a free carwash. :D

Thanks John, I appreciate it. :thumb:

10. fred2mihi

Yeah, Jim since you basically work out of your home, move to Gods country its much quieter and for the most part a much slower style of life! My wife and I enjoy that part so much more than hub bub of the I-25 corridor.

fred2mihi

11. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Boy I'd like to guys, I am a small town loving type.

The FR is becoming a mini version of the LA corridor. The only benefit to this area is as an inventory base + business resource. We never have to hunt around for work. The downside comes with a heavy population and the Cock-a-roaches that follow. I think I'll be looking into the Lowjack system, talked to my brother about it last night. Sounds interesting. Too bad it doesn't include a C4 charge with remote. :p:

As Tony Montana would say: Frank........you a Cock-a-roach.

12. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I have actually heard that somebody makes an add on kit for your alarm.....that releases tear gas. :eek1: :D

13. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

TTT - Got a picture of the actual car put up. Also saw a similar thread on CO4x4. Another guy with a similar theft but he had 3 layer security. Apparently they got his with a stinking flatbed car hauler at about 11pm right in front of his job. The other guys car was found torn up within 48 hours after an annonymous tip.

Unbelievable.

14. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I want one. Wonder if you can retrofit it with something more powerful. Chlorine cyanide with a mace kicker maybe?

15. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Car Has Been Recovered

My brother called today, they found his car on the 100 block of South Federal.

1. Car was sitting on the hubs, 3 rims and tires gone, 4th tire shredded.

2. Factory speakers missing, radio taken without faceplate.

3. Front bumper taken, no other body damage.

4. Column torn apart and hotwiring was more than visible through the window.

He's got it at a buddy's shop on jackstands. They will be going through it tomorrow before attempting to fire it up.

16. fred2mihi

Miracle of miracles, this turns outs at least half way good, the car is repairable. Looks to me like your luck is taking a big swing to the good. You are getting your axle put in to shape relatively economically. I think you better be headed to the store to buy those lottery tickets. Them I can say I knew him when he was just lucky, now he is rich and lucky.:D

fred2mihi