Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Colorado Storm

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cricket, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Good morning fellas.

Here's the view out our front window this AM. Storm is just starting and supposed to continue through 1 or 2 am Mon.

Should have fun feeding horses this afternoon. Man lost in blizzard found....... with tongue frozen to feeding trough
    :D

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

3. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Hey buddy, thanks for keeping the snow on your side of the fence. I have had all of that white crap I can stand for this year.

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Damn, and I am actually moving to that state soon. WTF am I thinking? :blush:

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Yup they are saying it will stay on the Eastern plains. I'll try and get some pic updates this afternoon.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

We're desprate for rain up here. Had very little snowfall this year, and the stuff we did get was the dry powdorey stuff. Been in a drought for a few years now.

7. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Don't worry. Where I'm at, 15miles east of where you're moving to, we had barely enough to cover the ground this morning and it's all gone now. Not snowing or anything.

8. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Yea, you can have it. It was 85 and sunny at home today. The water's almost warm enough to go surfing without a wetsuit too, we should be outta neoprene in a few weeks. :thumb:

9. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I'm already wearing shorts. Loving it. Not hot enough for the A/C yet. All the windows open and its JUST RIGHT here.

Plan to wear shorts to work tomorrow. :D

10. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Got about 6" or so down here in Colorado Springs, but it's sunny out now and it will probably be al melted by the end of the day.

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

looks like global warming to me!

j

12. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

You can keep it!!

I'm glad all our snow finally melted!--we got 9 feet this winter,the #4 top amount EVER recorded here(and the other 3 that beat this winter have been all in the past 25 years or so)..

It was beautiful yesterday,65 degrees! :laugh: --today its back in the 40's though,and wont get much warmer all week,but at least no snow,only a shower or two tomorrow and wednesday...I can live with that!--I have a billion things to do out in the yard the next few weeks--winter trashed the place,got trees to cut down,fix the damage to the lawn from the plow,etc...like I have nothing better to do... :frown1:

13. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

HIJACK! You should read Michael Crichton's "State of Fear". Very enlightening about the "global warming" scam

Okay HIJACK over Jiminy!

14. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i like some of MC's stuff so I'll prolly read it eventually. I dont need another source to convince me that its all BS though. ;) The most telling thing of all are these two facts. One, in the 70s the same people said man was brining on an ice age, aka global cooling. Second, because the data is starting to show things swining in the other direction, the left wing hippy enviro nuts have already started using the phrase "climate change" instead of global warming. With the new phraseology, no matter what the annual temperatures are (up or down relative the the previous year, historical data et all) they can still continue their assault against our way of life. convenient!

j

15. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

In the 70's here in MS. I love to visit places that get snow, but I'm sure glad we don't get it (not much anyway) around here.

16. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

WooHoo! It missed us over here, just dropped a little rain and went straight on over to you guys. On the flip side I got no slack from the wifey on my weekend "honey-do's" due to bad weather. :blush:

17. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

We got the big melt today.

Had so much of it that the basement started flooding through the window well frame. Ground is saturated.

Had to rig up a gutter drain extension but not before it got to Gerri's shoe collection.

whups.