Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Colorado trail tragedy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tRustyK5, Aug 19, 2000.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

2. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

holy crap!....what was this guy doing, the hill does'nt look that bad, but the results are seriously scary. but i'm here and not there...the hill probably is pretty bad...wow.
    Kelboski

3. 79Guy

79Guy 1/2 ton status

Wow. Those pictures took my breath away. I was out wheelin' w/ my two sons this afternoon. You know, even if you are careful, things can happen. Whew! Makes you stop and think.

'79 Guy
    1 Blazer - 7 Children
    http://79guy.coloradok5.com

4. tRustyK5

Click on the second link for more of the story.

[​IMG]

5. tRustyK5

6. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

that's terrible

7. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

the saddest part of this story and it's been removed now, but the writer of the 911 story said
    "the scars on the Fragile Tundra may be there for decades".
    There was no mention of this guys name, Mike, wheather he had a family or not, He wasn't married and didn't have kids.
    I don't know about any of you but that realy irritated me.
    Since finding out about this tragedy I have been searching as much information as I can about this story. I have some more URL's on this story If any of you are interested in reading about it.
    Never wheel alone, Please.
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

8. 87 mid canada k5

87 mid canada k5 1/2 ton status

Poor guy, cripe you'd think that jeep fell out of an aircraft by looking at it ! PLAY SAFE GUYS!

MIDCAN k5 " DIG A HOLE!!!"

9. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

Geeze guys this brings back some bad memories of mine, it really puts things in prespective. I have rolled a very nice lifted Wagoneer and you just cannt realize lucky we are sometimes... what if I HAD been wearing my seatbelt or what if i HADNT just closed the sun roof... see atachment of my mishap back in the day...

Ben
    www.BenjaminBone.coloradoK5.com

10. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

11. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

The tundra my butt, long after the human race is gone this planet will heal all the scars we've provided. All the wagon trails and cattle trails that once ate up the ground in the 1800's, are they still visible?, not many just the ones that are tourist traps.
    And the fact that this dude in the jeep died is tragic, and family if any will suffer. But in the end it was the drivers decision that was flawed, and driving skill doubtful, when you consider he was out there alone!!!And pushed his machine past the enevolope!!
    But what about the dude who did the CPR? Involved by the jeep drivers stupidity, and now the memory of this affair and reservations on weither he did the right things at the right time, haunting him now and for a long time...No human has the right to drop a load on another human like that, my heart goes out to the good samaritan and the memories he'll carry.
    It amazing the older we get the sphere of our influence grows, involving more and more people around us, we should be aware of that sphere and its reprocussions.
    The good samaritan should realize that death is not something we have control of...God decides when and where!!!!

<font color=blue>White Knight</font color=blue>