Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Colorado Wildfires

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by HarryH3, Jun 13, 2000.

1. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

There are currently a couple of 2,000+ acre wildfires burning in the mountains near the towns of Bailey and Loveland, Colorado. Any of you ColoradoK5er's affected by either of these? [​IMG] I sure hope not!

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I am in a suburb of Denver (Highlands Ranch) and last night I went out on my deck and there were small ashes falling from the sky, real weird.

Steve

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

That must have been bizarre! I'm not that far away from Highlands Ranch. I live in the foothills of northern Colorado Springs, near the Air Force Academy. LOTS of trees in our area has me worried about the dry conditions. One spark could run a fire up the canyon behind our place in just a few minutes. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com

4. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

I live in Littleton, CO and also had ashes falling. It's amazing how far that smoke and ash travels since the fires are at least 50 miles away. I've been checking out http://www.9news.com for the latest details. The 2 fires have already burned more than 6000 acres.

Shawn
    87 K5

5. mike race

mike race 1/2 ton status

I live in orlando, fl. we're having all sorts of fires down here. My 4wd spot is on fire now. almost out though.

fix'n finally

6. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

I live in silt co. heard there was like 39 or 40 houses destroyed in the Hi meadow fire.Too bad!!We had a couple fire by rangely and meeker about 100 miles from here the smoke made it over here though.We have bans everywhere here.The trees don't seem to be growing to good with the lack of rain.Brady

7. dumbfounded

dumbfounded 1/2 ton status

Well I believe florida stays on fire all summer. Just remember mother nature does this by herself sometimes and sometimes she has help... It all makes way for new life although it inconveniences us. So when your 4 wheel'n be careful I'd hate to see one started by a careless 4x4er. Then you all know what happens stricter laws and then nobody can enjoy mother nature in a 2 ton piece of heavy metal.

Wasn't me.............