Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ColoradoK5.com is GREAT

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gassman, Oct 19, 2000.

1. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

Got my BDS suspension this week and thought I would top it off with some other goodies so I call Hill 4 Wheel Drive and order their Extended Front Shackles and also called Offroad Design and order some Greasable bushings. When I call both places I told them that I got the information from ColoradoK5.com and they treated me like a KING. Chris from hill 4 wheel drive was cool and the guy from offroad design said that sense (in his words FOX use the greasable bushing) that they have put together a kit to replace all the shackle bushing with greasable ones. TOO COOL THANK STEVE for makeing my life a little easier.

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Cool, one more thing, after installing the 1" Hill shackles the butt end sits a tad low, but off road design sells a 1" 0 rate add-a-leaf (basicaly a lift block) to raise the rear 1" to level her out. They bolt in with the spring pack like an add-a-leaf but act more like a block. You will not find these on their site yet due to the fact they are not sure on how to market them yet. I will be installing them this Saturday with a review to follow. This is a great product to cure the saggy butt that most K5's have, even the ones without a lift. They are available for sale now though.

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

That would be a good after the swap fix.
    FYI. When I did my rear springs convertion from blocks to packs I use Superlifts 51/2" spring packs with my Rancho 4" front packs and with this combo my K5 sits level. It does stink bug just a bit with the hard top off, but level with it on. Most all non custome spring packs are made with the weight specs from a PickUp! So the heavy a$$ of a K5 is hangin low. Just something to keep in mind for all ya all that may be buying rear spring packs in the future to ditch thoes pesky axel wrapin lift blocks!
    Ok I'm gonna get some more coffee[​IMG]

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com

4. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Would it be a good idea to go with a 3" (or more) lift up front if I was gonna do the 2.5" shackle flip in back?
    Thanks.

<font color=blue>I don't get stuck, I'm just in the mud when I stop for lunch [​IMG]
    - NJFourWheelers</font color=blue>

5. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

The back almost all ways sits lower than the front, so you would want to lift the front only about 2" or lift the front 3" and use the rear 4" flip.

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

6. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

You're right Steve. I went the wrong way on the numbers. Damn I'm slippin.
    Thanks.

<font color=blue>I don't get stuck, I'm just in the mud when I stop for lunch [​IMG]
    - NJFourWheelers</font color=blue>