Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ColoradoK5.com re-design contest?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CK5, Nov 10, 2000.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

OK guys/gals, I wanted to re-design this site this winter, but it is growing faster than I can keep up with it, and I want to keep it that way, I have my hands full with the content/reviews/updates etc. and am kidding myself if I think I will have the time to do it in the near future. So I am toying with the idea of haveing a little contest, I know there are some of you who are site designers, webmasters etc. I don't know that I could offer very much if anything in the way of a prise or anything, but you never know, the very least you could put it on your resume. The site is very outdated but the content is up to date and that is what counts, but would like to see ColoradoK5.com enter the new erra with more creativity. Anybody that would like to help out just has to maybe start with the main page and recreate it somewhere with new graphics etc., also the photo gallery really needs some major help in a big way, would like to see some form of automated photo submissions etc., open to new ideas of course. Also, the design needs to have a place near the top of every page for a 468x60 ad banner and maybe a few spots down the side (Mag-hytec ad) but nothing written in stone yet. Any other ideas about security or anything else is welcome as well - had to throw that in there. [​IMG]

I know a few of you wanted to help with the site, nows your chance.
    Thanks guys

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

2. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Hey Steve. It sounds like a great idea. Then you could Frankenstein together a site from the ideas/submissions.

More of a book-keeping issue however. Maybe you should set up a forum just for that. And if any major issues come up, there can be a message posted in here in reference, but otherwise you are gonna clog up this forum with that stuf. And the off-topic Nazis will have a fit!!![​IMG]

<font color=blue>I don't get stuck, I'm just in the mud when I stop for lunch [​IMG]
    - NJFourWheelers</font color=blue>

3. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Steve,

Awesome way to handle the doo doo from the last few days. I can offer little in the way of ideas, but will offer support where I can.

Steve for President!

4. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

hey how about a voice chat?? i know that not everyone uses the chat room but a voice chat from the question forum would probably be a hit!!!! i just hate to type sometimes!![​IMG]

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I love it the way it is now, but I'm open to change.....I guess. Hahahahaha !

I'm creative as hell but no skills at setting up a page. That's why I haven't got my own page yet.....that and not having too much free time to get one started.

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

6. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

K5King...good idea...Yahoo Messenger allows for a voice chat...wonder if we could get all the Yahoo on here and we could have a good ole bash!!! I am "offrdk5" on Yahoo if anyone wants to hook up...cute girls with K5's always welcome...send pic of K5 first...

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    http://SK-15.coloradok5.com

7. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

Man, i wish i knew more about this kind of stuff, i would love to do this.

matt

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

8. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Well...I can sort of make pages but I don't have too many ideas. If can make a pretty "professional" page but it would take me about 1 year to complete.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]K5[​IMG]

9. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Hey i saw that off-road.com got a face lift recently maybe worth checking out their page for ideas?

SlyDog

10. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

This is about the "ColoradoK5.com" stickers, not the website, but relevant. I live in Kansas, and everybody that has ever said anything about my "ColoradoK5.com" sticker says something like "What is Colorado Kansas?" or "Where is Colorado Kansas?" Evidently the K5 looks too much like KS. I different font would probalby fix it.

Cruisin in my '73.

11. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Yeah, after staring at it for a few seconds it does look like coloradoKS.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]K5[​IMG]

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My sticker just says Colorado .com now. [​IMG]
    Damn wipers![​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]

13. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Steve,

You know I am here to help anytime you need it.

Neil

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

14. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Steve- Just wanted to thank you real quick for that boss button. I'm sure it'll end up saving my butt at least once.

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

15. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

i would rather have CK5 be very functional and fast-loading than be "pretty", non-functional and slow-loading. i also tend to avoid sites that i have to constantly do that side-scrolling crap. i think this is one of the better sites on the web. lots of info and fast loading. if i want to see some cute graphics i can turn on my t.v. and watch south park. instead of saying that you need to update, keep it the way it is and tell everyone that this site is "THE" benchmark for the rest of the net. updating would be good if it helps the core functions, but to do an update that would slow it down and decrease the functionality would serve no purpose.

my 2 cents,

Phil

16. tom

tom 1/2 ton status

Steve, It is a fun site. Do whatever you want with it. My $.02 is to focus on content. I hate waiting for fancey graphiscs or colors that I can't see (like blue on black). If the site is efficient and the content stays as good as it is, it will be succesful.

17. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I too vote for function and not flare!!
    You wouldn't want to turn this site into a TrailerQueen by replacing everything with chrome now would ya[​IMG]??????

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com

18. rezalb

rezalb 1/2 ton status

I would like to see a technical side to driving. How to approach hills, muddin tips, rocks, things that can help me on the trail.....No fancy long download stuff, just good ol stuff we can SEE and READ.

rezalB

Built for a purpose.

19. rezalb

rezalb 1/2 ton status

Another idea! Have something like a "buddies section". Somehow we (as posters) can set up and email a particular group of guys. For example, I live in Az, if the guys from Az are arranging a run (or party), we can send them all a notice.
    Thanks again for this site.

rezalB

Built for a purpose.