Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ColoradoK5.com will remain FREE

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CK5, Jul 13, 2001.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

OK, I thought I would just post this as a new topic, I have decided to keep CK5 free, and put together a "membership" package for those of you who would like to join, not sure what all will be included yet, but will be cool. I think this would be the best of both worlds, the viewers that want to contribute and receive a few more perks can join and the casual viewers will still be able to see how kick arse this place is, I may even come up with some kind of vendor membership, lots of options. I think that most of the people that would pay for a pay site would sign up for a membership anyway and it would be easier and faster for me to do it this way as well, this way we all win.
    Not sure if I will have levels of membership or not, I am open for ideas of course. By doing this I can still promote CK5 as a place to advertise as well so think it should work out well.

Thoughts, think of some of the mebership sites you have seen (any subject) what do they offer for that fee that you would like/dislike?

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Cool. Sign me up for a membership.

3. ironmikek5

ironmikek5 1/2 ton status

Count me in!

I think many people will join and pay the fee gladly for what we get from it. I personally have learned a great deal from the forums, and as a result have saved time, money, and skinned knuckles. Anything else is a bonus.

<font color=red>"Oil? That's not my oil...that was there before" </font color=red>[​IMG]

4. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I think a membership package could include something like:
    * some sort of special members only forum (just an idea)
    * a "CK5 Member" truck decal not available for sale, only avail for members
    * maybe some other perks here and there
    * discounts on other merchandise
    * if you can work it out, maybe even special members only discounts or members-only pricing with ORD! Now that would be hot!

Just a few thoughts.

Regardless, consider me signed up. Whatever the cost, if it will help keep this site as the best around and keep you from overload, I am all for it.

brian

85 GMC Jimmy, 305 w/TH700-NP208, 4" lift, 35X12.5 BFG MTs, 15x10 Hellcats, Smittybuilt tube nerf bars and bumbers

5. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

I really havent been a member of any sort of pay site before so I cant really help you out on that. IMHO a member number that goes on top of our post ratings ie. addict, newbie, etc..would suffice. That would keep the whole thing neat and not too "exclusive" for those that are new to the site. If you choose to do a member ranking via how much we pay for membership then you can just put a Platimum, Gold, Silver rating in front of "member".

I guess this would be an example:

fr8train
    Platinum Member# 0000001
    (addict)
    mm/dd/yy 09:00 am

6. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Count me in! By the way, I like the idea of the members only window stickers!

7. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

And also members having a diffrent color name like yours.....Dan

8. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I posted this on the Poll thread but here it is again
    For a start. The membership could include that only members could be the only ones that can use pics, graphics, CK5 logo, Built not bought, Ect, on their posts.
    I'm sure there are others with good ideas out there for membership benifits. Any thoughts?

<font color=orange>GOT HORSEPOWER?</font color=orange>

9. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I am in like Flynn!!!!!!!

Sounds like a good idea! I like some of Txgmcguy's ideas!

Maybe have donating levels or labels under the persons username.

i am sure some other ideas will pop up and i will post them..

[​IMG]

<font color=green>MIKE</font color=green> - "Hukd on fawnics,werkd fer me!"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101</A>

10. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Here is a link to a pay forum for fourwheelers:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.atvconnection.com/fullthrottleclub/join.cfm>http://www.atvconnection.com/fullthrottleclub/join.cfm</A>

This link shows the benefits of being a memeber.

<font color=green>MIKE</font color=green> - "Hukd on fawnics,werkd fer me!"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101</A>

11. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Thanks for the link, lots of good ideas.

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

12. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I like the truck sticker idea, as well as maybe some "members only" forum that is separate from the main board. Discounts at vendors would be cool, but might be hard to accomplish. And the different color name would be cool with me, i don't need some "Platinum" rating next to my name or anything...this isn't a status board! Also, the idea of letting members post pics and things would be cool.

13. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I don't have any ideas, but the ones listed sounds cool. I will donate for a membership status, like I have before.
    Boss

89' 1 TON of FUN K5

14. steve85fla

steve85fla Registered Member

I would be happy to join, I've been lurking on here for over two years and this is my favorite site.

15. steve85fla

steve85fla Registered Member

I would be happy to join, I've been lurking on here for over two years and this is my favorite site.

16. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Just tell me how much and where to stick it.

When in doubt.....Use the Saws-all[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</A>

17. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

hey Steve, glad to see it...

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

18. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'm in!

I like the members only sticker idea, and maybe a badge or icon next the username to indicate paying member on the member's posts.
    The regular, gold, or Platinum idea is good, but I'd worry that it defeats the "built not bought" line of thinking, if the user level symbols could be bought with money (like a stocker jeeper). I think the current system is great, assigning a level by number of posts. It just sucks that I picked such a dumb username and go back to "Stranger" if I change it, lol... Maybe make that system availble for members only, and make non-paying members stay as permanent "stranger" status. I've seen that on other sites, and have been the branded non-paying member. It sucked, but I didn't think the site was worth paying for, or the fee was silly, or something. I think it was a driver site, but it wasn't very well done and access was available but restricted without paying. I think CK5 would definately be worth paying for.

This may be crazy and a lot more work/effort/energy that the member fees would be worth, but how about a CD archive for members, or $10 per disc, available to members only? I commute 2 hours by train every day with no internet access on my laptop, so having offline access to the write-ups, etc, on a cd would be great. The CD can have the entire web site excluding the forums, which can be supplemental cd's once a month or bi-monthly, or maybe the whole site on CD including forums sent out to members bi-monthly (if the script isn't needed for viewing, maybe as text or html only?). Maybe have the autoplay open the home page. Just think; if you have a laptop with a cdrom drive, you could have CK5 out on the trail (just can't post)...

Just banging around ideas, that may be totally unrealistic time and effort-wise...

Ratch
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5.8m.com>http://k5.8m.com</A>
    **K5 - What more is there to life?**<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by newyorkin on 07/13/01 09:55 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

19. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

count me in this place is better than sliced bread!!!

20. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Let me be the 1st or is it now the 10th or the 17th... oh what the hell. Count me in too!

'83 GMC Jimmy 4x4 ZZ4 Crate Motor
    '83 Chevy P/U 4x4 Sand Drag Racer, 578 RWHP
    '94 Impala SS
    '01 Chevy 2500HD w/8.1L & Allison Auto