Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

coloradok5, question about 14bolt

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rich'90, Sep 26, 2000.

1. rich'90

rich'90 1/2 ton status

Just have a few quick questions for you. What size and where did you get your spacers for your rear 14bolt? Did you change rim size or just the bolt pattern, having trouble finding 8lugs in 15x10 in my type of rims. Did you have to do anything special to the brakes or master cylinder. Last question, will a NP205 bolt right up to our year blazer, I have the same year and style as you. Any help you could provide wuld be great.
    thanks, rich

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>The only rims you're going to find in 15" 8 lug are steel spoke style, aluminu, is too thick. What type of rims do you have? Four Wheel Parts makes a chrome hole style in 15x10 8 lug and I have a set of American Racing 15x10 whitespokes (now black) that I got from another member of this board. You will have to grind the front calipers but its worth it if you just got new 15" tires and dont want to buy another set</font color=blue>

http://www.chrisd71k5.coloradok5.com <font color=blue></font color=blue>

3. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Performance Wheel & Tire is where I got the spacers, I believe the spacers are 1-1/4 thick, the 14 bolt is only 2" narrower than the front, but 1" spacers would not have cleared the lugs. I run 16x10 alum rims with 36 x12.5 TSL Super Swamper radials. Nothing special to the master cylinder, but plan on going to a TSM rear brake kit. If you want to bolt up a NP205 you need to get one from a TH350 and change the output shaft in the tranny, not sure on spline count or anything because I havent looked into this yet myself.

[​IMG]
    5,000 Pounds of American Rolling Steel

4. rich'90

rich'90 1/2 ton status

thanks for the help

go heavy or go home