Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ColoradoK5'sForSaleForBuggyFund.Com ????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by uglychevyZZ4, Jul 6, 2004.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

ColoradoK5\'sForSaleForBuggyFund.Com ????

WTH???? I just hit the for sale forum and the whole page is lined up with 1 tonners for sale to fund buggy project /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I hope everyone still stays here without thier K5's but its cool to see the evolution thats taken place over the last few months /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif times are a' chang'n /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Re: ColoradoK5\'sForSaleForBuggyFund.Com ????

fear not amigo, my k5 aint fs anytime soon! of course, i am gonna swap a s-10 cab onto it... but still, I aint sellin her! seriously, unless i was about to loose my pad and go hungry on the streets, Id never sell my k5.

j

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, I think it's cool to see members of a K5 site sell their K5's to raise money for a non-K5 /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was this [ ] close to selling the blazer. I mean I already have a jeep tub, cip, made a frame, have a sbc, 700r/208 spare to make a buggy with a jeep skin and 60/14 disc brake to put under it. But came to my senses, as I suspect most will do when they realize how much work/money is involved in starting something from scratch.

5. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yah here i am looking at another first gen blazer for cheap locally...

I should be trying to sell the one i already have and build a buggy? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I don't care how much these guys hack their rigs, I am wheelin' in a full bodied machine until there is nothing left.

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I'm not selling mine. When I die, someone can sell it.

8. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I couldn't agree more, what is the point of a fullsize club where people are driving, dare I say it, Jeep size vehicles /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

9. SHAWNSTER

SHAWNSTER 1/2 ton status

"Yeah, I think it's cool to see members of a K5 site sell their K5's to raise money for a non-K5 "

Unfortunatly, thats me- i am forced to drice a ricer that kills my back every time i get in and out-but it will do for $16 in gas every 10 to 12 days

10. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i am gonna swap a s-10 cab onto it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe... sounds familiar to me! In fact it will probably start happening in the next month or so!
    It just keeps getting harder and harder to hold the rust together enough to wheel the K5 body! And if Im gonna do anything as serious as a full body swap/ restoration anyways, I might as well put something smaller and lighter! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

Mike

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    WTH???? I just hit the for sale forum and the whole page is lined up with 1 tonners for sale to fund buggy project /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I hope everyone still stays here without thier K5's but its cool to see the evolution thats taken place over the last few months /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif times are a' chang'n /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I checked to see what all the chaos was, and all I saw were maybe 1 or 2 1 tons for sale?

12. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Well it just seems to be a natural progression most of us on this site use our k5s and some rough. Well we put on lifts and 1 ton axels and push it harder them gm had in mind. Well at some time the rust and trees ,rocks get the better of us but the k5 is still running strong so add some tube and lighten the truck and make it safer I say go for it.
    But some time we will see less k5s and more gm powered 4x4 rigs. well we can hope that gm brings back the k5 can’t we. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

13. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Well, I've got a truggy for sale to fund a buggy... does that count? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

14. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Hehe... sounds familiar to me! In fact it will probably start happening in the next month or so!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I am getting the s-10 cab real soon... but that project is going to take a year atleast... Im gonna do some serious custom stuff on the interior and get all the cool toys (high quality guages etc) so it'll take me a while to get the money and time to do it all. I figure its the last evolution of my rig (with respect to the body) so I might as well make it everything i want it to be. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

15. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Just what are some people trying to wheel over or through that a "Bobtail" won't get it? If I wanted a darn rock buggy, I would have built one, and saved my money. Seems to me once you build a rig that can climb a tree, it really isn't fun anymore. More about drivers, less about "point and shoot, and to hell with what line I should take".

John

16. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

anbody ever put an s10 blazer on a full size? forget the cab of pickup keep itr a blazer that would be cooler imho

17. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I checked to see what all the chaos was, and all I saw were maybe 1 or 2 1 tons for sale?

[/ QUOTE ]
    This was yesterday, some have gone down a page i think, i just know there was quite a few for sale that were 1 ton for whatever reason /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

ooh okay. I saw a few more

19. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

WhiteKnight, but the frame was a shortened 1 ton frame and there is another member here that has done it... Jac...something. He hangs around the ORD forum a lot