Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

colortune???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jones, Jun 23, 2004.

1. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

i saw this in lmc truck.it's a glass top spark plug and you adjust the carb to the color of the flame.has anyone used this? 2)1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2...does it start below the coil on the distributor and go clockwise or above and counter-clockwise?mine are going all over the place(ex:3cyl.to #8 on dist.)know what i mean?but the truck seems to run fine(doesn't mis-fire or any thing)what up wi'dat? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

#2 cylinder is below the coil, then it goes clockwise from there. If it runs fine, don't mess with it, someone might have got the distributor in wrong or some other wacko thing happened, so if it doesn't misfire or backfire then I'd leave it alone.

3. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    #2 cylinder is below the coil, then it goes clockwise from there. If it runs fine, don't mess with it, someone might have got the distributor in wrong or some other wacko thing happened, so if it doesn't misfire or backfire then I'd leave it alone.

[/ QUOTE ]runs fine.just confused me.i'll leave it.thanks

4. el diablo

el diablo Registered Member

I have used to the Colortune kit several times and it work excellent. Every time I have used it to adjust the proper air fuel mixture, my vehicles have passed California emissions with flying colors. The biggest challange I had was tuning a 260Z with dual carbs. Used the carb synchronier to balance then the colortune to get the proper air fuel ratio. Took it the next day to the smog check station, and passed by a large margin. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have used to the Colortune kit several times and it work excellent. Every time I have used it to adjust the proper air fuel mixture, my vehicles have passed California emissions with flying colors. The biggest challange I had was tuning a 260Z with dual carbs. Used the carb synchronier to balance then the colortune to get the proper air fuel ratio. Took it the next day to the smog check station, and passed by a large margin. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]did performance levels increase significantly or not?

6. el diablo

el diablo Registered Member

If you mean like tons of HP, no. All the colotune does is allow you to adjust your fuel air ratio for the most desired mixture. More accurate than by ear, or with a vacuum gauge. With proper timing and fuel air ratio your vehicle will run significantly better.