Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Column shifter sloppy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by norville, Dec 11, 2006.

1. norville

norville 1/2 ton status

A stones throw from Pargon Mountaintop Pa
    Hey folks,

My auto shifter is a bit sloppy. I've narrowed it down to the linkage under the truck. The bar the holds the rod that shifts the tranny is wiggling around. I guess it's missin' something. Does anybody have a pic of a good shifter bracket area or an exploded view of that area?? I need to post in the classifieds but I want to know what to ask for. It's attached to the frame.

thanks,

bob

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

rod clips in hole with bushing at colum.then drops to cross bar at frame to tranny. frame bracket then white cone bushing then spring then all slides on rod against welded washer to hold in place. this then drops in to the tranny bracket bolted to the selector shaft that feeds tranny.

lots of times i have seen white cone or that spring broken or missing. some have worn cross rod and tranny bracket.

lokar make a nice cable conversion kit for about 99.95. http://www.lokar.com/interior_pages/colshiftlink.htm

3. norville

norville 1/2 ton status

A stones throw from Pargon Mountaintop Pa
    Thanks Sweet, I have the spring but I must be missing the "cone bushing"

any other suggestions $100 to much for me. A length of of hose or a replacement bushing??

thanks,

bob