Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Column Wiring Diagrams?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by uglyangelracing, Sep 13, 2005.

1. uglyangelracing

uglyangelracing 1/2 ton status

I was checking eerything out on my K5 today getting ready to put it back on the road and found a few problems with the lights. When I use the turn signals all the light flash like I hit the hazards. Then the high beam switch doesnt seem to be doing anything. Taking the easy route to this diagnosis Im guessing that since I replaced the 1985 tub with a 1990? and used the 90? harness that it is the cause of my problem with the 85 column.
    Does anyone know a site with wiring diagrams? Want to see pin placement and rewire the connector if thats my problem.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

3. uglyangelracing

Ok so I found both sets of diagrams. Well thats not the problem. Guess Im just going to have to trace wires tomorrow. Im just lovin this one because the more I test the more stuff seems wrong. LOL
    So there is a green box with 3 wires hanging off the back of the speedo and black wire from the column with a strange connector. Does anyone know off hand what they plugs into? I cant for the life of me where they went.

4. uglyangelracing