Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Combo U-Joint

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cityfarmer2, Jun 24, 2002.

1. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

Hey Steve or anyone else out there. Does anyone have a Part number for either a spicer or warn ujoint for a 14 bolt rear to my stock 85 rear drive shaft. Also anyone no of anything I may need to install the Dana 60 up front. Both came off an 85 1 ton 3X3 so I believe it will all cross okay.

2. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

348 is for a 1310 to a 1350 combo and 447 for 1330 to 1350.both i believe are precision u-joints.the specs for the 447 are 1.063"for the 1330 cup size and the 1350 is a 1.188"cup size.the cross measures 3.622" this may be helpful if they have to look it up in the books.good luck.as for the 60 i made u bolt plates myself, that was about all i needed for the swap.

3. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

Thanks for the info. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Yeah, what he said. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I just did the swap to 14b ff on my '76 this weekend. Napa part # 348. Cost me $27 bucks.
    Here are some pics... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif
    1st pic
    2nd pic
    3rd pic
    4th pic

One thing you might have to do is relocate your shock mounts. I had to. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Also, if the 14b ff came from a 1 ton, You will have to relocate your spring perchs. The 1 ton stuff is narrower.

5. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

Looks Great. I am now completely motivated. How long did it take? I am doing it solo. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

6. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

lol, I actually timed it. I timed from when we got the last tire off the old 12 bolt, till when we were ready to bolt the first tire to the new 14b. To include bleeding brakes. Took me and my buddy Chris 2 hours and 5 minutes. If I were solo I could probably do it in under 2 1/2 hours. This is asumming you have air tools and all the parts on hand. Don't forget u-bolts and the spring plates, You need the plates from the donor vehicle. If you have lift blocks, stock 14b ff u-bolts arent long enuff...I have 4" blocks, so I had to order new 3 5/8 X 12 X 9/16" u-bolts. $48. Hmm...What else....Double check your spring perch's...Like I said above, If your 14b came from a 1 ton, you're gonna have to cut'em off and re weld them on to match your springs. Also double check the condition of the drums/shoes/wheel cylinder. Good luck!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

if you want SPICER joints the numbers are in my webshots.
    same price better stuff

8. cityfarmer2

cityfarmer2 Guest

Thanks for the info. did not realize different perch setting thought all chevys from this time era same. They are about an inch and 1/2 off center. Thanks by doing it now will save me an aw [censored] later. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif