Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

come on everbody get off your BUTT and help!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solowookie, May 23, 2001.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

Hey,

this site has been a great resource for ALL of us, and also a place to meet new friends... I know Steve doesn't want to solicit help, and if I were him I wouldn't either.

quite frankly after his posts last week we should have all pitched in and helped whether he asked us to or not, and I view it as our fault.

hey, if you gotta extra $10 or whatever send it so he won't have to worry about this site as a financial issue. we benefit from this much more then he does!

there is no reason he should have to pay a dime, and quite frankly he should be profitting from this site with no membership fee's. lets show him how much we appreciate him and leave it up to him to decide how he wants to handle everything else.

Steve C. Fox
    10196 S Savannah Sparrow Way
    Littleton, CO 80129

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I won't be much help financially till payday (Friday), but for the moment, I'm going back through and deleting all the pics I've posted to save a little on bandwidth, any other things I can do, just let me know.

I have voluntarily axed "Pancho" in a bandwidth conservation effort [​IMG]

3. solowookie

hey, I'm gonna send him some more $$$ tomorrow... I just hope he's man enough to use the donations he's gonna get! LOL [​IMG]

I'd be willing to bet he's not gonna have to worry about bandwidth costs! maybe he'll even have enough to add a spell check & gram. check... [​IMG] LOL

4. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

lol, I can see it now. CK5 will become "guiltware" Sign onto my favorite sight only to find a popup that says "Have you paid you CK5 webmaster yet? Please support the reason for you not killing yourself or destroying your K5. Thanks, Administrator"

Anyway, I'd be happy to pay a little extra for a ck5 sticker beings I've been meaning to buy one. why not pay for 2 and get 1? hehe

-JoSH
    crazeebush@aol.com
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://josh.coloradok5.com>http://josh.coloradok5.com</A>

5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

CLICK THE BANNERS!!!

I posted this on Steve's post about the image tags too. I don't know how much, but it DOES generate revenue for Steve. Get Clicking!

<font color=red>Click those banners and help support CK5!!<font color=black>
    [​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

6. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

hah! *click banner* *Alt-F4* ...repeat... These company's will wonder why they received 2000 hits in the matter of minutes..

-JoSH
    crazeebush@aol.com
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://josh.coloradok5.com>http://josh.coloradok5.com</A>

7. solowookie

hey, maybe I'm spoiled or rude, but I'd rather just send him the $$$ then click on the banners, and that's what I'm doing.

I also changed my company domain over to powweb, and put down coloradok5 as the person who referred me.

8. aztec777

aztec777 1/2 ton status

Solowookie-I'm fairly new around here. I would like to help out financially. Where do I send $$$$? I'm also clicking the snot out of the banners. Thanks for the great site, the awesome people, the tech advise, and the atmosphere.

Steve

9. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Thanks guys
    I hope turning off the image tags and cleaning house on the readers rides helps alot, it should.
    I called powweb and when I told them I needed a bare min of 30 gig bandwidth per month they told me I need to go somewhere else, they couldn't handle that much traffic.

Steve

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

10. solowookie

we have to sit down and figure out how much he's saved us all in trial and error, and being able to put something together the first time like it should be.

lets all just send him whatever the site is worth until he figures out a long term solution. if you're better off financially and can send a little more then do so...

11. solowookie

did you say 30GB???

thats a LOT of bandwidth. you know if thats how much we are all using this then yea, we should all be sending you some $$$.

I hope this isn't offensive to you. after being a company owner and father money is the last thing you should have to worry about here. we should be sending you enough $$$ to completely pay for the site fees. this way you could let the banner money etc. go to your time for enhancing the site and projects to help site content.

site content help us all, plus it helps attract more members that we all can leach more info off of! [​IMG]

12. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Most banners only accept clicks from an IP once a day. We used to go in the school computer lab and click banners on my buddy's site for beer money LMAO [​IMG]

Guilt trip no! If you don't want to/can't afford to send some then don't... personally I feel like I have saved a big chunk of cash finding info about different brands of lift springs and such here so I'm gonna send some of that to Steve. He's just like all of us... The job, the wife, the kids.... the Blazer addiction LOL.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

13. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Thank's for the support guys, you guys are crazy. [​IMG]

Steve

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

14. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

well im little thin on money right now but but i get out oschool in 12 days so in 15 days ill be puting in over 50 hours a week and will ahve alittle extra money i can send steve

Bandit aka AJ
    Ahh look at that cute little jeep i think my 3yr old niece has one like that KNOW MOVE IT OUT OF THE WAY!

15. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

I would pay for this site if I have to. Even that I am in the Netherlands.

"K5 Grand GT Blazer Silverado in the Netherlands."

16. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Check is on the way!!!!

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need any roads!
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://SK-15.coloradok5.com>http://SK-15.coloradok5.com</A>

17. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

i think i need 2 $25 stickers.....gonna order!!

AIRBORNE!!

18. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Will Do Brother!! ComON EVERYONE!! Hell even One buck if thats all you got!!
    SAVE OUR COMMUNITY!!!!
    I allready lost one (Blazer-Net) and I cannot mentaly afford to loose this one TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I truly would loose my mind!!!!!!!!!!!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>

19. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

"Crazy like a fox!"- Blue M&M

20. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Burt, its too late for you to worry about loosing your mind!!!!
    LOL!!!!
    Money is on the way, Steve....

Will work for beer, parts and tools.
    90-350TBI-TCI700-241-33"-10/12 bolt w/4.10's,
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</A>