Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Come on I know you use themCBs

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by James90, May 22, 2000.

1. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

I was thanksing what kind of CBs yuo guys run.

I run a Superstar 3900 and a palomar 225 going out thru a wilson 5000 I am pushing 250watts I plan on geting a palomar 4 that will push over a 1000watts

I also have a power mic

Go prepared
    90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

2. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

you must have a lot of money in all that!!! Makes me feel sad for you as my Kenwood 2meter transceiver has 100W, covers from 118 Mh to 175 Mh on receive. I can use it to make a phone call if I want, It cost all of 200.00 is leagel to use. And it draws all of 5 amps when transmitting. As for coverage well Most places I can can cover 150 to 200 miles and its fm so its clear as a phone to hear. You do have to get license, that means you have to be smart enough to read!

Blazer72
    KB0ZNR

3. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

blazer72

I only have 300.00 in my set up.That Superstar is called a10 meter but I dont know what it means I have talked to West Teaxes before but I thank I was talking on skip

but that 2 meter sounds nice could you email me some info on them if you have some at jwileywilliason@yahoo.com

Go prepared
    90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I am running a Cobra 29 STWX w/Palamar 250, I know I just have a 40chanel with no SSB but it's kinda cool to hit the wather stations while in the woods campin and stuff!!

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG] Led Zeppelin

5. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

man....i feel like a real hillbilly.....all i've got is a uniden somthing or other. I don't really care about getting out too far, i only use it on trails or driving in groups....I think my max range is like 2-5 miles

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout