Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

COME TO CHINO VALLEY, AZ for a GREAT CAUSE!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by juanblzer, Nov 17, 2003.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Alright Arizonans:

As most of you know I am a High School English Teacher and Wrestling Coach for Chino Valley H.S. (just outside of Prescott).
    The wrestling club has about 150 dollars to travel (as a team) to at least 5 overnight trips this year. This has pushed me to organize:

The FIRST ANNUAL Chino Valley Wrestling Club
    CAR SHOW:
    DECEMBER 13th 2003
    Chino Valley High School (east parking lot)
    All classes are eligible (imports, lowriders, classics, hotrods, customs, 4wheel drives)and there will be a 4x4 demo (put on by the ERAU 4x4 Club) Bring your rigs and show all the hotrodders, importers, customizers what 4wheelers are all about.
    All proceeds will go to the C.V. Wrestling Club and Chino Valley H.S. Wrestling.
    COST:
    pre-registration ($15 students, $20 non-students)or $25 at the door (registration includes admission for 2)
    spectators: $3.00

This is the first time this has been done and we will have a nice raffle for particpants in the actual show and free food and a concession stand. Should be very cool.

Give back to your schools. My wrestlers work their butts off every year and it's tough to ask them to work super hard and then shell out money to stay in hotels for competitions they earned the right to attend.

There will be Best in Class PRizes and raffles and concessions.

2. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

ahh, kind of makes me wish I didn't dent theose bran new panels...doh!

Sounds fin man, if I can swing it I may do it, just going to be cold in the blazer.

any cheap hotels?

3. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

This sounds fun.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Maybe we could get an "All Amigos Meeting" up there /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Marv

4. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Sounds like fun. Marv we need to figure out who's going and leave here all together. Keep me informed /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

5. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Yes!
    We can go wheeling on Saturday or...?
    Cheap Motels?
    Motel 6 is 50 bucks. I have an extra bedroom so as long as your cool with my German Shorthair Pointers (3 of em') you are welcome to stay in my humble abode.
    You guys will have fun and it would be great to see you all again (and some of you for the first time).
    juan

6. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Also...
    if anyone of you guys from "the valley" or further out travel all this way... I will give the student rate for admission to the show.

7. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Also think about callin KAFF radio and KOLT radio, hell all the radio stations and maybe even think about callin Route 66 car club as maybe they might like to show. The radio stations are very likely to plug your show as it's a fund raiser. Just some thoughts. If I come up with somethin else I'll drop ya another line. Good luck to ya.

Allan

8. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Juan,

Although I thought I was gonna make this, I have schedule conflict and won't be able to make it.....

Sorry man.... I wasn't really paying attention to the dates.

Marv

9. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

roll call:
    I'll be gone this weekend on a wrestling tourney in Camp Verde. Is anyone planning on coming up?

10. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

roll call:
    I'll be gone this weekend on a wrestling tourney in Camp Verde. Is anyone planning on coming up? We're going to have a RTI ramp available to display your rig's suspension... and a car to drive up on too.

11. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

The offer to all of you AZ fellows still stands. Show up on Saturday and I'll give you the student rate of 15 dollars to show (if you show your ride you are entered into the door prize giveaway... including Offroad lights, a McCabe Racing Muffler, Complete window tinting, and more)

Please come out...
    I only have a handful of entrants that have prepaid. I'm really sweating it right now.