Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Comic book collectors?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Nov 29, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Anyone here into comic book collecting? I was but fell out of it around 90-91 (that's about where my collection ends).

I have probably over 1000 comic books, mostly Captain America's from the 80's, almost all Marvel, and a couple DC and assorted.
    I did a real loose estimation/value of what I had a year or so ago, and ended up with either $700 or $7000 worth of comics... I'm thinking more like $700, if it were $7000 I doubt they'd still be in the box in my closet...

I also have about 30 billion baseball cards... I have my most valuable (or what was valuable in 1987) cards in a big blue book that I totalled out to be around $100 worth of cards a year ago. I started going through some of the boxes of misc cards hoping to find that milion dollar card that doesn't exist, but find it way too overwhelming.... Soemthing for my son to do when he's older and looking for his first car money...

Anybody else into that? Anyone know any good online resources for finding out thier value?

2. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I lost interest in comics about that same time (90-91 or so). I collected a lot of the Dark Knight comics, GI Joe, X-Men, and the superheroes vs. superheroes (fav was Wolverine vs. Spiderman). I know some of them were worth some bucks at one time, but I have lost track. Might have to dig em out and check. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

i have tons of old cards laying around from our old sporting goods shop days. i should of sold them years ago. now i use them to scrape ink off screens in my screen printing shop, /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif (whats that tell of my preceived value of them). my best ones older 70's basketball, football and hockey cards are up for sale as soon as i dig them out of the boxes. i tried ebay and had varied interest.

i would beware of price guides they seem to be way over priced. I would try ebay and then shop them around to card stores, you won't get rich but you might turn them into cash. collecting cards was fun once i got over the fact i wasent going to be a millionare from it.

craig

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    collecting cards was fun once i got over the fact i wasent going to be a millionare from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha ha, Exactly!

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i never got into it much but friend did get me into the spawn comics a have 2 each of number 1 through 80 1 each for both my kids that way they each have a complete set for when they get older /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif