Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Coming to California, Last chance for free shipping

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Stephen, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We're coming out for the K5 bash in Hollister and will likely stay out for the next week. Wheeling plans haven't been made yet but will include the Rubicon at some point. Maybe Fordyce creek too?

The big deal for now is: We can deliver parts on this trip which for most stuff isn't worth a lot but I have a D60 front and a K5 tailgate, some 33's, etc. that are a pain to ship unless you are driving a crewcab and trailer out there. So take a look at the Yard Sale Page and let me know if you're interested. This turns these parts into a really good deal.
    Let me know, I'll be leaving wed. the 25th.

I'll throw in a crossover steering arm or a pair of stubshafts with this if you want it.

2. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Re: Coming to California (want your parts delivered?)

How would that work? Would we need to drive to Hollister to pick them up or would you meet us somewhere close by? Driving to Hollister would be too much of a temptation for someone running mismatched gears /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I dont need any parts but could ya bring some stickers with ya? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. Stephen

It's looking like Hollister is as far south as I'll be going, so if you're from south of there, you'll probably have to come there. If you're north of there, meeting somewhere else could work too. I'll be coming through on I-80, then south on 5 to hollister.
    Stickers? HELP JEFF!

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

No parts needed............

Maybe a sticker or two /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

By the way, heard through the gravevine that if y'all are a drinking man, Mr. Chevyfumes would be the bartender, free of charge of course /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Hey Stephen- I don't know what your trip schedual looks like, but I'm about 20 minutes off of I-80 in Grass Valley, CA. You would exit 80 at the town Colfax. About 4 hours from Hollister. I don't know what time or date you plan to ride through that area, but if you need a place to stay, or park your trailer or take a break or whatever, there's plenty of space here. We've even got RV hookups. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I'm also within 1.5-2 hours of both Fordyce and the 'Con...If you need a co-pilot for either run....I'll be your best friend! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif lol

7. Stephen

It's about time to start making some plans, I may take you up on the offer. There's a good chance I'll have my 7 year old co-driver but someone that knows the trails would be welcome too.

Keep in mind I'm running I-80 from western Wyoming to sacremento, so anything along the way is, well, along the way. for dropping off big heavy parts.

Is there a chance I could get rid of this axle if it happened to come with a crossover arm on it? or maybe a pair of 35 spline stubs?

What other trails should I look at in the area? How about the 'con on the 4th? Major Zoo? Too much to be fun? Depends on how you feel about the party crowd I assume. Potato Salad was about too much for me this year. Chicks losing shirts directly in front of the kid was enough for me. I don't really mind but it's not really good wholesome family fun.

8. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Hmm....I'm pretty sure the 'Con would be a zoo on the 4th...Not near as bad as Potato Salad Hill I would imagine.... I honestly think that you bein who you are, would make it a simple thing though. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'm pretty sure people would let ya go on by. I think the 'Con would be crowded, but alot of fun on the 4th. You bringin the K-5/buggy thing? You'd stick out like a sore thumb. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif lol

If you have room and wouldn't mind me along for the ride...I'd kill for a chance to ride with ya- on any trail. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif It would be a hell of a learning experience...and knowledge is power. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fordyce would be alot of fun too I think, but I've never run it, so I can't tell ya much about it. Pirate4x4's forum is actually a good place to find info on both the 'Con and Fordyce. There are other trails around, I'll do some reasearch to find a few other options for ya. How long ya plannin to stay?

As for the D60 you're trying to get rid of- lol....I know a perfect home for it. In my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif But $2K's is soooo not gonna happen for me. Need a 3/4 ton D44? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Great deal though. Someone should snag that thing. Ya might try posting something about it in the Nor-Cal Big Dawgs forum...Here..

By the way....Do you remember wheelin with a with a kid named Jared in Moab recently? Had a blue tube buggy thing on 39.5" TSL's? This is the truck-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Jared's 18 and built it himself... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

He's a buddy of mine and works at Foot Hill Off-Road in Auburn CA. Curious if ya remembered- He said he wheeled with you and John Reynolds- The Fat City bronco guy from TTC last year.

9. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

Stephen,
    Does this mean you won't be at work on July 1? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

10. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Could you pick something up and bring it back? The hydraulics to a snow plow.

thanks.

11. Stephen

Yeah Steve, the trip plan changed from a quick trip to a family vacation and I'm not going to be around. I sent an email to your site addy last week and it was returned to me today.

GWS may still be a good place to meet but just not right here.

12. Stephen

Yeah, I remember Jared, he kept up pretty well, till we hit the sand hills. Then I think he wanted more ponies /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyone going to be around the first part of the week to go up to the Rubicon? I'm out of seats myself (sorry Kid) and wouldn't mind another vehicle along. I'm not really sure of what I'm doing up there but I'm thinking of starting at Loon Lake and spending one night on the trail then coming back.