Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

comments on color arangement

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by milspecjimmy, Oct 20, 2002.

1. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

i am thinking of painting the ole K-5, and i have a few colors that i like all about the same. what do you guys think, and do you have any pics? i want to go either original black, Blood red, or orange. what color would you use and what color would you do the rear top and front roof in?
    thanks
    ~~~jeff /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Chris87K5

Chris87K5 1/2 ton status

Blood red with a black top!!!

3. milspecjimmy

well, ive narrowed it down to RED and ORANGE, still want more ideas on the combo's for this /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. rogerwilco71

rogerwilco71 1/2 ton status

If it's not hot or dusty in your area i'd go with Black or midnight blue! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    One other thing, how's the body work? If you have many flaws, Black or red might help them show up more. <font color="blue"> </font color>

5. milspecjimmy

i live on a dirt road, and you can check my pics and see the body work.

6. rogerwilco71

Actually, I'm starting to like Orange with a white top. Clean and complimentary colors. I've never seen an orange Blazer (in california). I had a black roof/shell on my sky-blue'77 for awhile and kinda got tired of it. When I painted the black to gm white, it just made the whole truck look cleaner and complimented all the white in the under-carriage.

7. milspecjimmy

i am starting to like the idea of a white top, and i am leaning towards orange more and more /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. rogerwilco71

you beat me to the post! Ya, your truck will always be dusty (same road here with a brown blazer= dusty) from that road. Looking at your blazer and , I like the red but I've seen a ton of red 88-91s around here. I still vote for a white top /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. milspecjimmy

now a little more food for thought, just the rear roof, or go all the way to gm specs and do the cab roof white too?
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

10. rogerwilco71

...Cab too. Just my opinion-doesn't blend when the roof and camper are different colors (looks blocky to me). The '77 received the black paint on the camper..didn't like it and painted the cab too...black got old. Then painted cab and top White...result- made and older truck look much cleaner.

11. milspecjimmy

my dad had an 86 that was #29 midnight blue, and it had the white cab and camper. it looked pretty good

12. milspecjimmy

what do you think about all orange?
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

13. rogerwilco71

I like that. Be sure and prep and prime it well cause sometimes fiberglass and sheet metal may not show up the same tone/shade. Your making me want to paint...

14. milspecjimmy

i am going to prime it, seal it then paint it, now i need to figure out if i want the texture on the rear roof or if i want to sand it smooth

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I think Chevy Orange would look kewl. Chevy Orange as in the color of they used to paint the engines, and a white topper. I painted the top of my cab to match the rest of the truck. I never liked the look of the top of the cab being white. My truck is blue and white. It looks so much better now with the top of the cab blue. So I think yours would look good being Orange with a white topper.

16. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I love orange. Mine was orange with a black stripe on the side and a black hood and top.

17. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

Hey Jeff. I'm liking the orange and white combo idea. I think you should sand the top smooth like my truck, paint that white with pearl clear coat to give it that pearl color and paint the top of the roof too so it ties in better. and then paint the rest of the truck orange with no body mouldings or wheel well mouldings. Just my idea. Keep in touch man!
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    Rust=Bad

18. sdavid

sdavid 1/2 ton status

Paint it solid white w/ an orange top. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Now that would be different! Nah, I think the orange body, white top, chrome bumpers, chrome mirrors, and chrome wheels would look sweet. Old muscle car feel. If you go orange and black might look to much like Halloween year round.

19. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Orange and Black.
    GO GIANTS!

20. rogerwilco71

YES!!! GO GIANTS!!!!!!