Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Comments on raising a 2WD

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by buttman, Apr 19, 2000.

1. buttman

buttman Registered Member

My friend has a 2WD Chevy Truck and want to raise it. I told him not to waist his money. Does anyone have any comments?

2. mico85K5

mico85K5 Registered Member

My buddy had an old f*rd that was 2wd but with pretty high clearance and creeper gears-It was amazing where he could go! We later took his '79 high sierra 4wd up the same (rough rocky road) and I was really surprised when he told me his f*rd routinely made it up that road. . .in fact better with the creeper gears than the GMC

If your buddy's looking to do something like that, and he likes his truck than it might be worth it. My friends 2wd really had a lot of clearance (possibly more than my Blazer!) and I am pretty sure it was just tall tires (no raised lift)

Driving your blazer=FUN!

3. Clearance is clearance, 4WD or 2WD. It will still get him farther back that most + it's a Chevy!

'84 K5

Chevy in my blood.

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Could be allot of fun for high speed sand dunes!! Jumpin and flyin on the dunes!! Yeeehaaaaa, justa good ol'boys, never meanin no harm, been introuble with the law since the day they was born.......
    another post mentioned the Dukes of Hazard and I couln't resist....[​IMG]
    I'm losen it
    later

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG]

5. snidgen

snidgen Registered Member

i have a 74 long bed raised 3 inches suspension and 2 inches body with a dana 60 posi rear end, beefed 400 and full rollcage and it kicks ass on high speed stuff the lift kit is aim industries out of phoenix arizona i was always taught 4wd for rock crawling and 2wd for high speed prerunning so it just depends on what you like

Opinions are like assholes...you know the rest

6. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Fabtech makes a kick butt long travel 6" lift for 73-87 gm trucks.It is pretty expensive.But it would be a blast in the dunes or desert.think it was 1200 bucks pretty steep.Would like too try one someday.

7. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Two-Wheel Drives can be built to be cool, they can do things a 4wd can't, like go fast in the desert. It's just a different way of having fun with a K5. There is a lot that can be done to 2wd chevys. This is the coolest 2wd suspension i've ever seen, it's made by fabtech (http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com) and would make a 2wd blazer a cool desert truck.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]

8. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

I think that 2wd trucks are great for the desert. We raced a 2wd Chevy class 8 and won our class in BITD. Both have there advantages and disadvantages just depends on what a person wants.

9. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Tried to send this attachment with my previous post.